Prologue

Me: I have so many things to do, I can barely write and play anymore!

Also me: Must. Write. Honkai .Star. Rail. Reaction. Fanfiction. :)

~~~

Caelus released a sigh as he stood up, a look of determination on his face. 

He had spent around half an hour thinking, weighing the pros and cons of joining the Astral Express or staying in Herta's space station. And, while staying in the station did seem interesting, he wanted to see the stars and explore the galaxy. Plus, he enjoyed the company of March and Dan Heng. 

He walked to the platform where Himeko said she would wait for him.

"Himeko," he called out as the woman with red hair turned to him with the same gentle look as when he first met her. 

"Caelus," she greeted. "So, have you thought things through?"

He nodded, "I want to join the Express."

She nodded back, looing pleased. "Then come with me."

She led him to where the other members of the Express were waiting for the train and informed them about Caelus' choice.

"Really? Welcome abroad then, Caelus!" March enthusiastically welcomed. "I'm so excited to have you join us!"

"Welcome abroad," Dan Heng calmly said although he had a small smile on his lips.

"Welcome," Welt spoke with a slightly softened look. "I look forward traveling with you."

Caelus smiled, feeling warm from the quick acceptance the group showed. "Thank you for welcoming me. I'm excited to travel with all of yo-"

Caelus never got to finish as a bright light suddenly appeared and engulfed them all, transporting them to another place as all of them fainted.

---

When Caelus awoke and came to his senses, he was surprised and wary to find himself in a foreign room surrounded by a couple of unconscious bodies, some he recognized and others he didn't. Knowing that he couldn't protect everyone if worst comes to worst, he decided to wake up his fellow Astral Express members who were fortunately close by.

He first tried waking up March but she didn't even twitch.

He then tried shaking Himeko who, besides a small twitch, didn't move.

Frustrated and fearful at the prospect of everyone never waking up, he turned to Welt and shook him a little harder. Unfortunately, it did little to wake Welt up as the man remained still.

Heart harshly pounding on his chest, he went to Dan Heng's unconscious body and roughly shook him without care, hoping he would open his eyes.

Alas, his hopes were crushed when Dan Heng remained unmoving. 

"Oh...you're already awake?" a voice suddenly emerged from behind him, causing him to flinch and hurriedly turn with his bat in hand. 

"W-wait, don't, I'm good!" the owner of the voice rushed out as they stepped in front of Caelus with their arms raised.

"A...talking bear?" Caelus uttered in complete confusion even though he didn't let his guard down. 

"Hi!" the bear cheerfully greeted. "I'm Laelynn but feel free to call me Lynn!"

"Hi...did you bring us here?" he asked, still trying to comprehend the fact that there was a bear in front of him, a talking one at that!

"I did," the bear admitted without embarrassment.