Chapter 5

Kakashi took out two bells from his pocket and held them jingling in his hands. Me, Sasuke and Naruto looked at it curiously as Kakashi continued "You guys have three hours to take these bells from me. whoever takes a bell passes"

I looked at him and said the same thing as Sakura had said in the anime "But sensei there are only two bells and three of us" Kakashi smiled and said "Well Sakura-chan it just means that only two of you will get to pass and become genin. The one that does not pass goes back to the academy"
Naruto screamed at him "What!? what do you mean go back to the academy?!" Sasuke frowned but didn't seem that concerned.

I looked at Kakashi straight in the eye and said "No" Sasuke and Naruto looked at me as I said that and Kakashi gained an intimidating look, which to be honest scared me a lot but I hid it well, and said quietly "What did you say?" I gulped but continued putting a determined expression on my face "I said no. I will not pass this test without my teammates. We graduated together and will pass the exam together as a team, I'm not leaving anyone behind. And if they really want to pass this test then, Naruto Sasuke you two can pass I'm withdrawing. Sasuke has a great ambition I won't hold him back for that and Naruto you want to be hokage don't you? "I smiled and turned around about to walk away from the training grounds when Kakashi Said" Wait, Naruto Sasuke, do you two have anything to say?" Naruto looked at me with a heartbroken and sad expression and said "No way am I passing without Sakura-chan!!! One more year at the academy won't do anything!! I'm withdrawing as well, I can be hokage no matter when I become a genin." My eyes widened as I took in what he said as he came to walk beside me. We all looked at Sasuke as he said " Hn. I'm not taking this test either. I'll become genin next year if it means graduating as a team with these two knuckleheads. It will give me more time to prepare and train for these exams" he shrugged. Naruto had his jaw on the ground and tears in his eyes as he whispered "Teme?" I had tears in my eyes as well because never had I ever thought that Sasuke would actually say that. Maybe I do have hope of changing him. I smiled at him as he gave us a small barely visible smile when Kakashi said looking at all of us "So you would throw away this chance of becoming genin just to pass with your friends?" We three looked at him with determined faces and I said "Yes. Because those who break the rules are scum, but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum" Naruto and Sasuke nodded beside me.

Kakashi looked at me as if he'd seen a ghost and looked at all of us and murmured "Those who abandon their friends are worse than scum eh?" and smiled with his eyes closed at us and said "You all pass!!" Sasuke and Naruto looked at him visibly shocked and I quickly copied their faces because I already knew he was going to pass us. Naruto said "What!? B-But you just said that-" Kakashi interrupted "Yes I know what I said but you guys passed by showing this that you guys are capable of working together and would always have each other's back no matter what. Thats what the whole test was all about. Sakura-chan was the first to object followed by Naruto and Sasuke and this showed me that you guys are fully capable of passing after all, Konoha values teamwork. Good job everyone!!! You all are now team 7!!! Congratulations!!!!"