7

(Please ignore the time stamps)

Julia's P

Julia's P.O.V.

As soon as I heard a knock on the door, I wiped my eyes and threw all the used tissues on the trash bin.

"Hey." I forced out a smile after opening the door and seeing Chaewon.

"Hey." she smiled back and entered my unit.

As usual, I let her settle down while I laid back down on my bed. I was still trying to grasp the fact that it'll be a long time before I get to see Yujin again, so I wasn't in the mood. Of course, she's my best friend too. I got used to being with her most of the time, so it'll be hard for me to adjust.

"Did you cry?" then I felt Chaewon lay down beside me, wrapping her arms around my waist while she was facing my back.

"How did you know?" I whispered.

"Your friend talked to me." she muttered, leaning in closer.

I got speechless by that. They were both my friends. But since Chaewon was busy, they didn't really get the chance to connect properly. As a matter of fact, they don't really like each other that much. At least that's what I get from their vibes.

So hearing that Yujin talked to Chaewon was a surprise.

I sat up and faced her, scanning her expressions and trying to see if she was saying the truth.

"I won't tell you what we talked about, so don't even try." she said.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes at her sassy tone.

"Don't you have any schedule today?" I asked.

"It doesn't matter," she then sat up next to me "I'll stay here with you as long as you need me to."

I smiled at her words but playfully pushed her shoulder.

"So you do have something?" I asked again.

"Yeah.. But well, that can be re-scheduled another time. You need me more." she mumbled as she snuggled to my arm.

"Chae, you're a celebrity. Those schedules can be hard, you can always come back to me." I chuckled.

She sighed heavily before pulling away and just staring off into space for a few seconds.

"It's been my dream since we were kids. Making songs and singing them in front of so many people." she stated.

I nodded my head and gestured for her to continue.

"And I worked hard for it, you know that more than anyone." she then looked at me.

"But... it's not my only dream, Juli." she added.

I raised an eyebrow while Chaewon sighed and looked away. She seemed too deep in her thoughts that it was silent for a little while.

"Juli... I–..." she stuttered and kept looking around.

"Chae, what is it?" I questioned, getting concerned about what it was.

She turned her head and stared directly at me. I was at a loss of words, more so when I noticed her gaze slowly shifting down on my lips.

I could feel my heart about to burst inside my chest. The tension was so thick that the only thing my body could do was to look away.

"Julia..." she whispered.

"Are we really just friends?" I asked, getting frustrated about this feeling.

"What?" she asked, too shocked that her voice quivered.

"With that gaze and this... this damn tension! I can no longer hide my feelings, Chae." I breathed deeply.

As I looked at her, the expression of shock on her face was very obvious. But there's no turning back now.

"I like you. I always have, Chae. I don't know when it started... But it's been here for a very long time now. And I can't–..." I stopped and sighed for a while.

It was overwhelming. Too many thoughts were running in my head and I can't let them all out at once. I don't even dare look at her face because I know it'll probably break me.

"I can't do anything about it because first of all, you're my best friend. Heck, you've been there for me almost my whole life! And that–... You're a celebrity, and I can't..." I groaned after not being able to find the right words again.

I buried my face in my palms and breathed deeply. My chest felt like it was about to explode and yet I still can't hear a single sound from her.

"You're my friend but you feel so out of reach, Chaewon." I expressed.

I felt my eyes start to water as I hugged my knees and hid my face from her. This felt like such a stupid move, but it also felt like a huge relief to finally let this all out.

"But I'm here, Juli." she spoke.

I felt a hand on my back, slowly caressing me softly like she was cautious of what it would bring me.

"I'm just here, and I love you."

When I heard those words, I immediately looked up and turned my head to face her.

"W-what?" I asked.

She had this gentle smile on her lips and a soft gaze staring at me.

"Juli, I've been in love with you ever since I knew what love is." she confessed.

Tears started flowing down my cheeks as I grasped her words. Everything felt surreal. The girl I have been in love with all this time felt the same.

"My other dream... It's to love you, Juli." she expressed.

I leaned closer and wrapped her in a warm and tight embrace. I just cried on her shoulder for a while as she continued rubbing my back comfortingly.

For a while, we stayed like this, cuddling with each other on my bed. Like usual, but it was different this time.

Because she loves me too. My best friend, who I thought was so out of reach, was just here beside me the whole time.