Women

The next morning, Caroline woke up alone. Which in itself was insufferable to her, but now she had morning sickness. At least he had left her a glass of his blood on her bedside table. After freshening up, she went downstairs to have breakfast. Bonnie and Hayley were already there.

"Hey, I made you a tonic," Bonnie greeted her and passed her a glass of something.

Caroline took it and swirled it, eyeing it weirdly.

"I'd hold my breath," Hayley warned her, as if from experience.

Caroline gave her a polite smile. "Well, bottom's up!" She raised the glass. As if it hadn't been all morning.

"Ugh! This is miserable! How did I get stuck with this?" Caroline whined.

"Leave it to Klaus to piss off half the town," Hayley rolled her eyes. "There's an egg skillet on the stove."

Caroline's eyes brightened at her craving already been prepared. She made herself a plate and sat down on the kitchen island with the other two.

"Okay so, I'm still so confused about this. How does it all work?"

"Well, the baby is still, by all means, Hayley's," Bonnie told her. "Which, given by what's been happening this morning, means they're still connected. Whatever happens to Hayley happens to the baby, which consequently happens to you."

"Fantastic," Caroline said sarcastically. "Anyway, are we going to be stuck in this house the whole time, or do we get to experience NOLA?"

Hayley chuckled. "I don't think you can experience NOLA how you would have wanted."

"Right," Caroline sighed. "Even more great things thanks to Klaus. Does anyone mind if I kill him?"

"I think there's a line," Bonnie smiled.

"Oh, I would be careful if I were you. Witches in the city are on some sort of... whatever, here," Hayley warned Bonnie. "They're banned from using magic."

"Thanks for the heads up."

"Yeah, no worries. I'm actually going to head out, get some shopping done," Hayley jogged upstairs to get her things to go.

"Elijah! I'm home! What's the bloody news you had to drag me back to this god forsaken city for?"

Bonnie and Caroline walked to the front door opening. The blondes grimaced at each other.

"Ugh, what are you doing here?" Rebecca rolled her eyes.

"Not staying far away enough from you, apparently," Caroline crossed her arms.

"Who the hell are you?" Hayley asked as she descended.

"Ahh. You must be the maid. My bags are in the car. Get them, will you?"

"She's... not the maid," Bonnie defended.

Rebecca scowled. "I hate you all already. Never mind that. What are you all doing in my house?"

"We're pregnant," Hayley finally informed her.

"All of you?" Rebecca raised a brow. "I know you can't be," she aimed her palm at Caroline.

"It's complicated. I was the one who slept with Klaus..."

"Ditto her," Rebecca again pointed out Caroline.

"It's my baby. But these coven witches magically moved it to her body so Klaus wouldn't immediately think about getting rid of it."

"Huh. Interesting. I need a drink," she sighed and finally went into the kitchen, walking like she owned the place, which she did.

Hayley put up her hands. "I'm outta here," she finally exited the house to go do what she needed done.

She went to the shops, head strong with what she needed done. No baby, no problem. And they could all go their separate ways. She managed to find a witch with a last minute solution for her. A plan B.

Caroline was stuck at home. Not only was she in the presence of one of her least favorite persons, she was getting a history lesson. Apparently New Orleans had seen a lot of the Originals drama.

Rebecca seemed to find a stopping point and Caroline found a moment of relief. She thought to take the chance to run upstairs to her room, but her first step found her collapsing.

"Caroline!! What's wrong?!" Bonnie was beside her.

"Danger!" Caroline managed to breathe.

That caught Rebecca's attention. "Can't be here. No one knows we're here."

"Not us. Hayley!" Caroline groaned as she grabbed her throbbing head.

"Oh," Rebecca didn't take much of it. Until a console table hit her in the back.

"Hayley's in danger. She's in the city. Go find her!"

Rebecca had her eyes turned, glaring at the Mystic girls.

Bonnie shrugged in apology. "Believe me, it's not her. Please find Hayley."

Rebecca sighed and sped out of the house, coming back with Hayley and her left overs. Caroline wasn't planning on intervening, but lately she wasn't having much of a say in whatever happened to the mother of the child in her belly.

The original vampire Barbie was pleading with her brother, but it took Caroline to whip him off Hayley.

"All this bluster about not wanting the child, and the second she tells she's ready to get rid of it?"

Caroline's hand instinctively went to her stomach as Rebecca scolded her brother.

"It's okay to care. It's okay to want something. That's all Elijah was trying to do, all he's ever wanted for you. All we've ever wanted for you," she made the effort to make sure he noticed Caroline.

Klaus heaved as he calmed himself down. He walked towards Caroline, but only touched her arm to move her aside as he sat on the step.

He stared at the three women in his life as he finally began to explain his plan. Of all things, women were going to be his downfall. He didn't know what he'd do if had another one.