Chapter 1

I was in the library ready to work on my potions project Professor Snape assigned last week. As a Hufflepuff, Professor Snape didn't seem to take any liking to any other group except for Slytherin, which meant I had to work twice as hard to get into his good graces. Well, as much as you can with Snape, he isn't known to be a very likable professor. I put my stuff down at my usual spot at the table near the back of the library, I liked the big windows that gave light to the otherwise dark library.

I was given the task of writing a paper about the potion amortentia, otherwise known as the love potion. How ironic to give the hopeless romantic Hufflepuff the potion of love. We haven't made amortentia in class yet but Snape mentioned that we will be soon.

As I get up to collect books on the potion I look around the library, it's quite empty, which makes sense seeing as it is a Saturday and most people aren't studying. I get to the shelf with books about every potion you can think of and see the one I need... on the top shelf. Great. I try my best to stand on my tip toes and reach for it but I'm still a few inches short of reaching it. Suddenly, I feel someone's body lightly touching mine from behind. Then a hand grabs the book I'm reaching for, I turn around, leaning on the bookshelf to put as much space, which is very little, between me and oh, the one person I was not expecting to see, Theodore Nott. Theo was arguably the most handsome boy at Hogwarts, he was the kind of handsome you could stare at for hours but he always had a bored expression on his face. I would kill to see his smile. He was tall, easily six foot, he had gorgeous brown shaggy hair that looked like he just rolled out of bed, and his eyes, his eyes were chocolate brown but man you could get lost staring at them. Granted I've never been this close to him. We have couple classes together and being a couple tables away was the closest I've been. He is a Slytherin and hangs out with Draco's group. He's on the quidditch team which is surprising as he is typically a quiet person which is also why him being friends with Draco and Matteo is surprising as well. He never participants in Draco shenanigans though, it's quite intriguing.

"oh thanks, I probably should have gotten a ladder, they don't build these bookshelves for short people" I ramble. I've never actually spoken to Theo. I'm not sure if he's ever really looked at me before let alone knows my name.

He smirks and man does that make my face heat up. Actually my whole body is hot, I'm not sure if it's the close proximity or the way he is looking at me, probably both.

"Little cold outside to be wearing that outfit don't you think?" he quips.

I look down, momentarily forgetting what I was wearing. A matching skirt and vest, plaid, with, in my opinion, adorable socks and loafers. A staple in my wardrobe.

" I didn't plan to go outside today actually" I remake with a hint of an attitude.

" so you're not coming to the quidditch game later?" He asks

"Why would I? Hufflepuffs aren't playing." I say

He looks at me for a second longer than necessary and says " You should come and if slytherins don't win against Ravenclaw i'll owe you a drink at the party in the slytherin common room later"

My lips part. Was he flirting with me? He couldn't be, he may not be the most social person but that doesn't stop all the girls from trying to get his attention.

"What makes you think I want to go to a Slytherin party?" I say, trying not to blush. Again.

He tilts his head to the side. Damnnit we does he have to be so pretty. " because I want you to come. Will you?"

Damn him. " yeah. Maybe." I stutter out. Wow y/n very cool

He backs up to walk away and says " good" then he's gone. I slump against the bookshelf, "what the hell" I ask myself. Theo has never shown any interest in me in all the years we've gone to school together. Actually most of the Slytherins don't really take interest in Hufflepuffs. Pansy is the only slytherin friend I have. It's a weird dynamic but it works.

I retreat back to my table and try to focus on the homework in front of me but a certain brown eyed boy keeps popping back up into my head.