The Virgin

Crowley begrudgingly walked Aziraphale back to his flat. Shax hadn't ever stepped inside so it was exactly as he had left it, dust hadn't dared to settle on any surfaces, and the plants went back to their lives of terror. Though Crowley had probably been yelling at them more than he did... well, before.

Aziraphale looked around and hesitantly followed Crowley's example as the demon flopped down on the sofa. "So, Aziraphale" no 'Angel' or any other nickname. Just Aziraphale. "Any plans on how to stop it this time?"

"Well," Azirphale fidgeted with his hands, The metatron first introduced me to the plan by calling it 'the second coming' I think that this time it'll be heavens move first. You delivered the Antichrist to the hospital 18 years ago, and now I suppose they'll have Muriel deliver it or some poor girl will have to raise the child."

Crowely nodded, "Right, any ideas of their candidates?" He asked.
Aziraphale looked suddenly nervous. "Any ideas of their candidates?" Crowley repeated, more firmly this time.
Aziraphale wrung his hands together. "You won't like the answer." He whispered.
"Who is it?" Crowely sat up, staring down Aziraphale.
"I didn't pick her, I would never... but she's been their plan since the first Armageddon failed." Aziraphale looked away.
"Aziraphale..." Crowley warned.
"It's Maggie." The Angel rushed out.
Crowleys jaw dropped and he was silent for a few moments. "Maggie is the next..."
Aziraphale nodded, lips pressed into a thin line.
"But surely she's not... I mean she and Maggie are together now so..." He put his head in his hands for a moment.
Aziraphale shook his head, "It doesn't matter. She's been chosen. And also, she and Nina aren't particularly... active. In that category."
Crowley's mouth formed a small 'o' before he sighed. "What do we do?"
Aziraphale shook his head. "She's not pregnant yet. We stop heaven before they do that and then... how did you phrase it? Vavoom!" He smiled hopefully.
Crowley groaned, "Ok first, never say that again. And second, any ideas?"
Aziraphale looked down at his shoes, "Ah, well... no."
After a moment of silence Crowley's face dawns with an idea, "Aziraphale... do you remember Job? How we stopped the angels from killing his children?"
Aziraphale's face scrunched up, as if he was trying very hard to remember something, "Not... not very clearly, but I do faintly remember it. You gave me food. I'm pretty sure you pretended to be a human."
Crowley's eyes widened at the fact that Aziraphale couldn't remember it; Sure they were capable of forgetting things, things like what wine he drank a month ago or the name of a priest he tempted some time in the Middle Ages, but he chose not to think about it. "Yes, I did pretend to be a human. What if I did that again, but also... didn't."
Aziraphale cocked his head to the side, "What do you mean?"
"What if we convinced Maggie to undergo some medical procedure, and I pretend to be the surgeon who does the procedure, then, you can tell heaven that a demon had tempted her into doing it and that her body is too demonic to hold the second Christ."
Aziraphale looked horrified, "Are you capable of performing a human surgery?"
Crowley shook his head, "No. 'Suppose I'll just edit the papers."
Aziraphale nodded, "ah, one other hiccup I'm afraid. I made a... formal resignation, you could call it." He muttered the last part, getting quieter as he spoke.
Crowley's jaw dropped, "You did wot?"
"Ok I gave the position to Michael." Aziraphale whined, "I told them the job was too high stress, and if they wanted the world to end they could find someone else. Perhaps, planning wise, it was not the smartest decision."
Crowley shook his head, "I gave you an out, I tried to say you could leave. Why didn't you leaven when I offered? Did you really think you could change anything?"
Aziraphale pressed his lips into a line before shaking his head.
"Alright well, Muriel's overseeing the bookshop but I'm sure they wouldn't mind you coming back." Crowley said, sounding an awful lot like "nice talking to you, now get out because there's nothing more to do or say."
Aziraphale nodded, "Yes, I suppose I'll let you think things over. Good night, Crowley." He walked out of the sitting room, and as soon as he heard the door shut, Crowley slumped down onto the sofa, curling in on himself and breathing heavily. He held his hand out in front of his face and watched as it flickered in and out of existence.
Then it clicked.
Memories involving Crowley being fuzzy to Aziraphale just after the angel's dramatic resignation from heaven.
I'm being erased.