QUANTUM COMPUTERS (2)

I was wondering this on my own. And it may be dumb for some, but I still want to make a chapter about it so it's totally clear and so I can come back to this in case I forget.

So about quantum computers. If you read the chapter, you would know that we can use them by distance right? Since they are too big and expensive for everyone to have at home O-O

So I was wondering one day "Wait, if we use quantum computers by distance, does that mean we use them with classical computers?"

And yes, I know, it's dumb. Because the answer is obviously yes. But see, that didn't make sense to my dumb mind two seconds ago until I did my research.

So here it is:

Yes, a classical computer is used to control the quantum computer and send it instructions for calculations and a bunch of other stuff a classical computer couldn't do like simulations etc... The quantum computer then executes the instructions and returns the results back to the classical computer. The quantum computer itself is not designed to be a complete standalone system, it requires a classical computer for control and communication.

The power of the quantum computer is limited by its hardware, which currently is still quite limited in size and power. The classical computer, on the other hand, is much more powerful and can handle running programs and control software for the quantum computer. The quantum computer is mostly designed to perform specific calculations and simulations that are impossible for classical computers to perform.

So, remember back in the ol' (not) good days, when to make a call, there were big machines used at a distance and all, and how now it's just a little card that you put in your phone and boom you can make calls to whoever you want all around the world?

Well I think that we will come to some point where quantum computers will be reduced to the size of a little card that you put in your computer and in the same way boom your computer is way more powerful than before.

We just have to wait a little (like what 50, 100 years? That's quite nothing you know) and I'm sure everybody (maybe not us in our lifetime, but definitely the next generation or the one after) will have a mini quantum computer on their classical computer (see that's why I got confused in the first place O-O)

Thanks for reading!