❙ 002. Green Innocence

Disclaimer: I do not own My Hero Academia or anything related to it, such as characters, plots, etc. I do not own any images used in this story. I only own original characters that are introduced, and the plot of this fanfiction. I apologize for the grammar issues. English is not my first language.

***

If you are like any other children your age, you would have found Tomura to be quite the weird playmate. He always touches things carefully, only putting one or two fingers if necessary. In fact, forget about the fifth finger, he barely put four of his fingers whenever he's holding something.

Usually, it ends up with you doing the whole thing to entertain him. You are the younger one in here, yet it feels like you take the big sister role once more to yourself.

"Tomura, look. This is you." Holding up your now-finished drawing, you show Tomura your sketch of him that you've made with your pencil.

Tomura, like the child he is, stares at the drawing with wondering shimmers in his eyes through his long bangs. "...It's pretty."

You don't really know if the standard for drawing kids is lower or the same as your previous world. But maybe, the fact that you're drawing him is pleasant to his eyes. You give him a smile, grateful. "Thank you, I like drawing your eyes."

In a lot of anime, people always draw the characters' eyes so prettily too.

The older boy in front of you tilts his head in confusion, not understanding what you find so likable about his eyes. "My eyes?"

"Mhm." You hum in answer, putting your drawing back on the floor as you point your index finger at your own eye. "Your eyes are red like rubies. Pretty." Your words are to the point. Right now, you are still young, so you don't have to use big words that'll make him even more confused and accidentally twist your tongue. So this is enough.

Out of reflexes, he touches his eye, careful not to use all his five fingers. "Really?" He breathes out, looking you straight in the eye.

You smile, the same one that always comes naturally to you. "Of course, Tomura."

You are still two years old when you start to get closer to Tomura.

***

Through this whole year, or at least that's what the scientists have been telling you, Tomura remains your one and only company of the same age in your room. To be honest, you are quite glad that even if Tomura is supposedly at the age where he barely starts his new life after his whole family died, he doesn't seem to question anything.

It's a good thing that the scientists set up a schedule so it won't crash with Tomura's occasional visits to your room. They don't know how dangerous the boy will be in the future after all. It will be scary if they become interested in him as much as they're interested in you. You don't want to be the cause of the extension in the villain's arc.

"Three." Tomura calls out to you, and you look up from your usual thing to do (drawing), seeing him holding up his own drawing of someone. "It's you."

Oh.

I didn't recognize it... You thin your lips at the realization. You shouldn't have expected much from a child with no art education. But the effort he puts into this one drawing is good.

You scoot closer, trying to observe more of the drawing, and Tomura makes no attempt to stop or to avoid you, a result of one year of getting used to your presence. He really is drawing me, he highlights my most noticeable feature, although the expression could use some work. You nod to yourself, not liking how he draws your eyes and mouth with simple lines.