Chapter 01

Katherine

"You ready?" Chandler swung my door open with mischievous grin.

"No, go away"

"Kat, we need to buy our essentials for the dorm"

"I'm dropping out"

"Funny, let's go" he grabbed my arm and dragged me down the stairs and into the chaos of our pancake-covered parents. "Good Morning" they both grinned.

"Morning"

"Why do you have your sister in such a tight hold?" Dad chuckled at us. "She wants to drop out"

"I was just teasing , no need to take off your slipper, Mom" I hid behind Chandler, seeking refuge from the potential slipper onslaught.

"You better be teasing, young lady. We're not tolerating any dropouts"

"Chandler, are you going to rescue me or what?"

"Nah, you'll survive" he smirked, casually popping a berry into his mouth. I shot him a glare, ready to attack, but before I could move dad grabbed my ponytail keeping me in place.
Why do the men in this family always have to manhandle me?

"Dad, seriously, I'm not some puppet," I huffed and swatted his hand away from my hair. "Just trying to save your brother from danger"

"Oh, I'm not finished with him yet." I glared at Chandler.
In return he just laughed clearly not taking me seriously.

"Can we go already?"

"Where are you two headed?" mom looked at the both of us in curiousty.

"Got to get a few things for uni, heading back to the dorms"

"Oh right, your little vacation is over"

"Like you guys haven't been praying for it to end"

"Guilty" dad held up his hands and laughed while mom smacked his stomach. "We'll miss you"

"Right" chan and I said in unison. I heard a car's horn and chan grabbed my arm. "Why?"

"I never know with you" he's firm grip on my arm tightened and walked us to the front door where Jake was waiting for us in his jeep. "Let’s go already"

"Fine" As soon as he let go, I ran to the passenger seat and hopped in. "Oh for fucks sake" Chan yelled as he walked to the jeep. Jake looked at us amused as we bickered about the seat.

"His my bestfriend"

"Yeah well his my boyfriend"

"Whatever" he rolled his eyes and slumped in the backseat.

"Hey" I smiled and leaned over to kiss him. "Why are you guys so energetic?"

"Aren't we always?"

"Can we go already?" Chan grumpily asked.

"Fine" Jake chuckled as he drove us to the mall. "So you guys excited to be back in school?"

"Not really, this little vacation went by so fast"

"Yeah, back to taking pills to stay awake and study"

"You took pills?" I turned around in my seat to face Chandler who only shrugged at my question. "Roommate had a few pills to sell and I had to submit my essay in an hour"

"Does mom know?"

"Why would she?"

"Why are you acting like it's some normal thing?"

"You take shots to stay awake"

"That's different"

"Not really, they're both bad and you can easily become addicted to alchocol or drugs"

"Whatever"

"Sit back down" Jack patted my back. I sighed and sat normal in my seat. "Shay said there's rumours of a new English professor"

"You girls move fast" jake chuckled.

"Didn't your brother say he got a new job here" Chandler asked

"Yeah at our uni"

"Your brother is the new professor?"

"Yeah, I wanted to tell you guys but the girls beat me to it I guess"

"I'm finally going to meet my boyfriends brother"

"Yup"

We finally arrived at the mall, chan and Jack decided to go buy their things on their own leaving me to wonder the mall alone. I went into sephora and bought me a new foundation since mine has been running low. I took more things and finally went and payed for it. After that I decided to go buy some smirnoff cause why not.
"That ass though" I heard a voice making me turn around ready to cuss them out only to see River, my best friend.

"When did you get back from vacation?" I ran to hug him. "Landed a few hours ago and was about to head to a party"

"You haven't even slept your jetlag off and you're already partying?" I looked at him amused.

"You know it, wanna join?"

"Hell yeah, I'll tell the guys"

"Okay, I'll send you the address" he kissed my cheek before walking out.

I went inside the shop, grabbed my smirnoff, hennessey, tequila, casamigos and decided to leave it at that before I splash all my money in this shop.  I went to the cashier and payed for my things. "Pack of smokes" I handed the guy my card.

"Which one?"

"Chicago" he nodded and handed me the pack along with my liqour. I walked out of the shop and headed over to the smoke shop where I knew my brother and his little boyfriend would be.

I waved Chandler over and held up the pack of smokes so he didn't have to buy me since that's what he always does when he buys himself. He nodded, payed for his things and joined me outside.

"Bumped into river"

"He's home?"

"Yeah and already partying"

"Sounds like river" he chuckled. "What sounds like river?" Jake came out.

"He's partying few hours after landing" Jack gave me a look which I already know what that's going to be about.

"So did he say we could come?"

"Yeah, I got the address on my phone"

"Fuck yes, let's go drop these things at home and change into better clothes"

"Okay cool" before I could join chandler's excitement Jake pulled me aside to talk. "You know how I feel about river"

"His only a friend, you have female friends and I don't say anything about that?"

"I don't trust him, he always finds an excuse to kiss or hug on you"

"That's what friends do? And he kisses my cheek??"

"I don't want some guy kissing my girl's cheek"

"Oh my god, you're being ridiculous"

"I'm not, don't invalidate how I feel about this"

"What about when you show off with your girl friends and they touch your chest just as playful banter"

"You saw that?"

"Fuck you, jake" I rolled my eyes and walked off.

"Where you going kat?" Chan yelled after me.

"Getting a lyft, leave me alone" I yelled back as I walked out of the mall and texted river to come pick me up.