[6] Busted.

It was a rainy morning, the clouds tearing up on the villain's bedroom window. The natural melody was covered by the sound of the flames swallowing the logs in the fireplace, causing warmth to embrace Venom's exposed torso. He woke up, and stood there, on the mattress, unmoving. He expected the other half of the Victorian style bed to be empty, the way it was every morning, but he was wrong.

     When he opened his eyes, he let out a soft, inaudible awed gasp.

      Staring back at him was a beauty, emanating darkness through her every flawless feature. She was watching him through matching empty eyes, the light of the fireplace reflecting in them. Her legs were long and slender, beautiful in the fragility of their elegance, her voluminous body covered in pure black, the shade of black you'd only meet in nightmares surrounding a blood red hourglass on her abdomen.

     She was a Black Widow Spider.

     Venom sighed dreamily, swiftly extending his hand on the mattress, inviting her politely. Her 8 legs moved in a perfect ballet as she stepped on his palm, her darkness standing in strong contrast with the villain's snow white skin. Venom closed his eyes and fought a shiver as she wondered up and down his torso, her ghost like touch tickling him teasingly. He tried his best not to flinch, knowing too well from past experiences what sudden moves caused venomous spiders to do.

     He loved the feeling of them walking on him, as odd as that might seem. It was because they were just so unpredictable, any second managing to completely change their path yet maintain the delicacy in their movement. And there was also the adrenaline of knowing that at any moment they could just decide to bite, making it a life and death situation...

     Carefully standing up, he exited the bedroom and went for the stairs leading to the attic, the spider calmly making her way up his back. As he entered the dark room, he pouted slightly at the sight. Inside the many jars placed on the 12 feet table lied dead spiders, a sight the villain predicted.

     He used to have a hobby of collecting them, bringing the spiders in the attic and watching their life styles. He used to name them, pair different species, watch them as they fought, as they ate... Now they were all dead, of course, 9 years having passed since he last saw them.

     With a sigh, he slowly walked along the table, eyeing each one decomposing arthropod. He carefully sat down on the boss chair, pulling a jar towards him. It contained what used to be his favourite spider, from the Hobo Spider species.

     "Hello, Johnny." he murmured, leaning the jar so the dead spider would lie on the table. The Black Widow then walked down Venom's arm and onto the table, approaching 'Johnny' curiously. The villain watched as she poked him with a superior air, then walked away, not interested. The villain understood- he wouldn't be too excited about eating a decade old dead body himself.

     Venom watched as the Black Widow walked on the table, around each jar, her pace proud and victorious as she watched the other dead spiders. It made the villain smile as he tilted his head.

     "I will name you...." he murmured, rubbing his jaw. "Venóm."

<><><><><><><><><> 

     That same morning, Klaus entered the crime department of the police station, looking around for Josh. The moment he spotted him next to the coffee machine, he approached, his mouth in a thin line as he repeated the words he planned on speaking. He patted the detective on the shoulder, eyes moving on the ground the moment he turned around.