Judging Criteria

Judges need to be fair when it comes to judging

Judges need to be fair when it comes to judging. If you see a friend of yours, you cannot be less lenient with them. Here are the following things you need to check on while judging.

Title ( 5 marks )

Is it memorable? Or is it to common and simple? Does it match the context?

Blurb ( 5 marks)

Does it help to attract you to read further? Or is it too vague? Does it tell you anything about the story?

Cover ( 5 marks )

Is it attractive? Are the fonts too small? Too big? Does everything blend in evenly?

First Chapter ( 5 marks)

How is the beginning of the story?How does it make you feel?

Grammar and Vocabulary ( 15 marks )

Are there any tense issues or typos? Any grammatical errors? Weird word choice or limited vocabulary?

Pace ( 10 marks)

Is it too fast? Too slow? Does it switch between being fast and slow?

Plot ( 15 marks )

Is it a unique plot? Even if it's not, is it written in a way which looks good? State your views about the this in the review.

Writing Style ( 10 marks )

Is it written in a fancy way? Does it attract you?

Emotions ( 10 marks )

Does the author portray the emotions well? Can you feel what the characters are going through?

Character Development ( 10 marks )

Is there any improvement in the characters by the end of story? Is it good or bad? Do they go well with the plot?

Overall Enjoyment ( 10 marks )

How much did you like it overall? Was it enjoyable enough?

Total ( 100 marks )