x. since when did this turned sensual?

{10}

The sound of thundering footsteps resounded across the streets of ---.

Hundreds of guards and soldiers ran across different cities in the kingdom, Porthaven and Kingsbury. In look for a lone witch's home that has been disguising as a normal house for the past years unbeknownst to them.

The soldiers held their weapons, ready for whatever catastrophe they might witness inside the wizard's home.

One cladded with blue and red uniforms bumped the door harshly with his shoulder, while two soldiers dressed in white goes to forcefully open the entrance with a shotgun.

The door tore open, and the soldiers immediately entered inside the establishment with a shout promising war.

Yet, what welcomed them was... nothing.

The expected luxurious and magnificent abode was replaced with a withering structure, mold and dust covering the whole place, dirty floors and hole-filled roofs.

The soldiers observed the empty walls in confusion, when a sudden ‘ugh!’ and the sound of a body hitting the ground was heard.

The ones upfront turned their heads to the back where the commotion came from, when they suddenly felt a terrible pain at the back of their head before falling unconscious immediately on the floor.

No other sound was heard.

After a few seconds, a man's voice was heard: "Oi, newbie. Careful not to make a sound. The prince said to do it quietly."

"...Tsk. Yes, sir." A reluctant voice followed.

The former man rolled the fallen soldier with his foot, his eyes impassive.

Weirdly, they're both wearing the same military uniform as the others in the room, though their auras was far intimidating and stronger than others.

"We must execute the mission properly. This is the most important step for our prince to finally achieve the throne. We can't afford any mistakes."

The other “soldier” rolled his eyes as he watched his captain crouch down and and lift up a soldier's limp body onto his shoulder.

"Let's go. We still have a lot to do." He says as he walks away right where they entered. His subordinate following after, pulling out a small glass bottle with an unknown yellow powder inside.

He tore the cover off, before sprinkling the contents onto the dead figures on the floor.

The moment they touched even a hair of those corpses, it created a small flame, eventually spreading across every part of the body, creating a big fire. But interestingly enough, the flames didn't spread anywhere except for the corpses, neither the wooden walls nor the cobblestone floor.

As if the powder was specifically made to burn humans. 

The unknown killer turned around nonchalantly, leaving the ghastly, rotting corpses of the soldiers lay inside the empty establishment, burning silently to anyone's—whether in Kingsbury and Porthaven—ignorance.

______

Sophie flew up the mountains. Finally, after painful hours of driving this thing and following the glow of the ring, she managed to set her sight on a moving castle approaching their vehicle.

"The castle. They've come to meet us." She spoke to the others, her relief and joy evident on her voice.

They moved closer, eventually hearing a child's voice calling for them on the castle's balcony.