vii. i can be the worst and best version of myself to be with you

{7}

The next morning.

Granma Sophie walked up the stairs holding two cups of hot milk.

After staying up all night cleaning the slimes and other mess that Howl created during his rampage, she immediately collapsed on her bed, forgetting that she hasn't prepared dinner yet. Only when she woke up on the sight of potatoes, did she remember.

Thus, she came here to at least give her masters(?) a drink as a sorry for not preparing dinner last night.

She headed towards Howl's room at the end of the hall, raising her hand to grab hold the door knob. When she heard a sudden sound inside the room.

Granma Sophie gasped and immediately panicked. She don't want another incident like last night or else she might actually quit this self proclaimed job of her.

She slowly opened the door, peaking to the slight crack of it in caution.

When her eyes landed on the scene in front of her, she could only stand frozen in shock. She gulped, mouth wide open.

She unconsciously leaned closer. When suddenly, the door made a creak. She straightened in surprise, making the cups on the tray she hold make a sound.

She slowly turned her eyes on the crack of the door once again, seeing the two people in the room not paying any attention towards the sounds.

Granma Sophie sighed in relief, before she silently shut the door once again, almost looking as if she's fleeing from the way she ran downstairs.

A voice sounded inside the room.

He chuckled, “Are we gonna chase after her?”

Another voice hummed. “No.”

Howl felt soft kisses drop down on his neck.

“She's bound to know about us, anyways.” Ezekiel continued as he pampers the male underneath him with more kisses.

The said male craned his head backwards, making more room for him. Showcasing his already scarred neck for more. The whole thing was filled with big black and purple spots.

Ezekiel smirked at his masterpiece in satisfaction, full of pride. He nibbled on some spaces before continuing down on the other's collarbones, determined to fill Howl's neck to his chest with bruises.

“Hmm”, the wizard almost moaned. “But what if she... doesn't... like this.” He finished with small gasps between his words.

Ezekiel smiled at the sound with satisfaction, his hands caressing his lover's hair and skin.

“Off with her head, then.” He chuckled. He continued: “It's not like we need her acceptance regarding our relationship, and not to mention she needs us to break the curse that befell on her.”

“I doubt she'll let this get in the way of her goal.” The prince paused. “Though I don't think she's that type of person that worries about others' matters such as relationship.”

Howl hummed once more, closing his eyes with a smile.

“You're right. Sophie is so kind, after all.” He purred, before gasping in pain and pleasure at the sudden feeling of being entered.

Howl only then realised his mistake.

........

Markl and Calcifer was startled when they saw Granma Sophie running down the stairs in hurry.

They stared at her as she sat on the chair while gasping for air, looking like she just ran for a marathon.

Markl dropped the broom he's using, grabbing the tray out of the old woman's hand, and  getting her a glass of water from the tap.