C H A P T E R 5

"Onesies"

As usual, I woke up early in the morning when I suddenly smelled something good being cooked downstairs. I got out of bed and started fixing my hair before going to the kitchen. When I finally came downstairs, I saw little Kiel inside a crib, being guarded by Roy.

"Kiel!" I squealed as soon as I saw him giggling while playing with Roy. I immediately ran in their direction. Royce started to panic as I approached them. Once I had reached them... I tried to hug Kiel, but before I could do that... Royce had already taken him out of the crib, making me fall onto the couch; I looked up in his direction and saw him carrying Kiel. I started to glare at Roy; He was narrowing his eyes at me while tightening his lips.

"You just woke up, yet you're already planning to squeeze Kiel to death." He said as he turned around and walked away; I started pouting while moving my legs back and forth on the couch, as I suddenly heard my aunt laughing. My face suddenly brightened up at the fact that I heard my aunt's voice; I sat up straight and smiled as soon as I saw her face.

"How you've been, My little star?" Aunt Shelvie asked me as I let out a soft chuckle after hearing her call me "little star." Aunt Shelvie started calling me that when I was 5. At that time, I was really gloomy and didn't speak much like I used to. And yet somehow... Whenever she calls me that, I feel nostalgic and would always find myself smiling out of nowhere.

"I'm doing good, Aunt Shelvie." I answered as she gave me a very bright smile, before placing her right hand on her chin. Kiel then ran towards me, I looked at Royce and saw how panicked he looked just by seeing Kiel with me, I started to smile as I carried Kiel high.

Aunt Shelvie then started to smirk as soon as she saw me smile just having Kiel in my grasp, "How's Clayden? Are the two of you dating yet?" Aunt Shelvie asked me out of nowhere, that question of hers almost made my jaw drop. I cleared my throat and continued to entertain Kiel. "Don't ignore me, Rae~" Aunt Shelvie teased as she went towards us and took Kiel from my grasp, I groaned while I placed my hand on my mouth; trying my best to hide my face and groaned.

"There's nothing going on..." I muttered. I felt my cheeks heat up while Aunt Shelvie continued to tease me. Clayden has always been focused on his career ever since the day I met him, He wasn't really an actor in our first meeting, but 'I saw how hard he worked to audition for Zephyr Company.' I thought while I smiled just remembering the sight of him celebrating after getting into the company.

The sound of the door being opened made me look in the direction where the doorway was, a little later—suddenly heard my mom's voice soon after saying "I'm back!" along with the plastics rustling. I rushed towards the doorway and saw that Clayden was carrying the groceries that Mom bought, I stood there gazing at him. "Oh, Raven. You're finally awake, can you set the table for me?" My Mom asked as I shook my head when Royce suddenly went towards mom, to get the mom's things that were currently in her hand.

"Sure Mom." I answered as Mom kissed me on the cheek before heading upstairs with a smile on her face.  Clayden then walked passed me with a smirk on his face and whispered.

"What are you spacing out for, Rae?" He asked as he chuckled before heading to the kitchen, leaving me speechless as he said that. I turned around to calm myself down but... Aunt Shelvie was already looking in my direction with a cheeky smile on her face.

"Nothing, really~?" Aunt Shelvie said as she had Kiel being carried by her in her arms. 'Yes, Nothing... At least for him.' I thought while staring at Clayden's back.

•   •   •

As I had finished preparing the table, I noticed people laughing in the kitchen. It was Clayden, He was with Uncle Jerome and Royce. "You weren't supposed to put eggs in the marinate yet! We haven't even mixed the dry ingredients!" Royce shouted. Uncle Jerome started laughing while Clayden only rubbed the back of his head, Royce then pushed him aside and started to prepare the food for dinner instead of letting Clayden do it.