The Return

"That oughta get them here." Akuto said before putting the phone back in his pocket.

Akuto smirked as he snapped his fingers and disappeared.

///

Everyone looked around with a confused look on their faces.

Usami was sweating bullets and the students at the beach took notice.

"I'm gonna go on ahead to Central Island. I'm sure it's nothing serious but we can't be too sure, right?" Raku said with a relaxed look on his face.

He then walked towards the bridge to the Central Island.

"Well? Is it anything but serious, rabbit?" Byakuya demanded to know.

"Ah! I-It's nothing! It's just a misunderstanding... I'll go and fix it! You guys just enjoy the beach!" Usami turned around and put on a brave face.

"It's all up to me!" Usami said to herself before disappearing.

"Are we sure we can leave it to the rabbit?" Hajime asked. "I have a bad feeling about this, maybe we should go and check what's really going on."

"Hmph! Obviously." Byakuya scoffed before walking away.

Hajime and the rest of the students changed clothes and headed to Central Island. Along the way they encountered Fuyuhiko who was also headed the same way.

When they arrived in Central Park they found Usami angrily talking to herself while swinging her staff around.

"Show yourself!" Usami said.

Byakuya looked around before asking "Where is Nanashi?"

"Right here." Raku showed up behind the group, scratching the back of his head.

"Weren't you supposed to be here ahead of us?" Byakuya crossed his arms.

"I was. But when I got here, there wasn't anything new so I thought I'd circle the island for anything out of the ordinary but no luck." Raku noticed Usami. "What's with her?"

"We were hoping you would know." Sonia said.

Suddenly a voice erupted throughout the park. The gleeful laughter brought shivers down their spines.

"Upupupu... Ah-hahahahaha!"

Along with the laugh came another plush, this time a bear which appeared from behind the statue.

Its colors were split in the middle. Black on the left with a red flame shaped eye and a toothy grin. On its left it was white with fairly normal teddy bear features.

It dropped in front of the statue and stood up which didn't surprise everyone but they all shared a sense of unease upon seeing the bear.

"Sorry, to keep you all waiting. Glad to see you all again. Introductions are always a pain but what can I do if you all don't know me?" The bear said as he looked over to the students.

See us all again? But this is our first time seeing this bear. Did it know us before we got here?

"Ahem! I am Monokuma, the headmaster of this academy!"

Raku's eyes widened.

Monokuma...

Everyone was speechless; they didn't know what to do, or how to act.

The headmaster of the academy, a bear? It was absurd, not to mention impossible.

"But h-how? Why is Monokuma here?!" Usami exclaimed.