8. sure thing

୨ৎ  ꒰ sure thing ꒱ ୨ৎ

.୨ৎ ꒰ sure thing ꒱ ୨ৎ.

"willow madison fisher, will you marry me?"

"steven, we're just going to kiss, don't be so dramatic"

"if i'd known you would be so unromantic i never would have ask-" willow leaned over and kissed a twelve years old steven, on beck's house living room couch, at five in the morning.

"see? it wasn't that diffi-" he kissed her again. "that's enough, conklin"

conrad said he begged her to be his first kiss, but it didn't really went that way.

caroline wood was the prettiest girl at cousins that summer, and steven was madly in love with her. somehow, she accepted when he asked her out and they were going to the arcade that afternoon. 

at dinner the night before, susannah said something like "oh, your first date!", but for steven sounded like: "oh, your first kiss!" and he panicked. he didn't know how to kiss. 

so he thought the best decision was to practice with someone: willow. so at four in the morning, he got into his room and woke her up.

"no. that's disgusting," she said.

"please, willow, please. i'm going to pay for you at the arcade all summer"

"i'm not going to kiss you, steven"

"please, please, please" he got onto his knees. "please, please, i'll do whatever you want!"

"fine, fine! but not here, i don't wanna have nightmares"

so technically, he begged her, but not to be his first kiss. 

anyway, willow was pleased that steven begged her and that summer, she didn't spend a single penny at the arcade. till that day the girl used that story to blackmail steven.

⭑○◦

the 4th of july was one of the days were the dads used to come over. when they were there, it wasn't the same, beck's house was a moms-and-kids-only thing. 

it was all about traditions. susannah decorated the whole house, the boys steamed clams and shot off fireworks.

all the other fourth of julys, willow was just tagging along, but that year, she had friends and plans.

"did you say dad's not coming?" willow and conrad entered the kitchen where everybody was having breakfast. they woke super early to set up the fireworks and clean the clams.

"he's closing a deal it won't make it in time," susannah said.

"but i got some serious fireworks for the show this year"

"we'll take a video"

"it's not the same" jeremiah complained. "why are you two smiling over there?" he asked his siblings, who were putting the clams in a bucket.