C H A P T E R 2 5

Sevyn's hands were clasped as his eyes were set on the ground

Sevyn's hands were clasped as his eyes were set on the ground. His breath was heavy as he burned with fire and rage. The waiting room was cold and reeked of death. He could barely swallow as he felt the vomit threaten his mouth. His body was tense, even with Scotlynd trying to console him with her strokes, nothing helped. He was conflicted, as he wanted to be here, but he felt that as a man he hadn't handled his business. How them niggas were still breathing was almost crazy to him. His father would never let that shit fly, was he slipping? Did motherfuckas not understand that those he loved were off limits? If so, bloodbaths would be needed.

"Here Sev, you need to drink something," Scotlynd pushed the water bottle towards his clamped hands. She could see the color leaving his strained knuckles. Sevyn's phone sounded off, and he was out of his seat, moving to a secluded area. Stepping out the doors, he answered the call."What's the word."

Sevyn's body leaned on the wall as Psalms filled him in briefly on the situation."Yeah, we here." Psalms said. They always kept conversation brief over the phone, but Sevyn knew exactly what that meant. Boom, Rek, and Amira were bondage up to a chair in a secluded area. A warehouse, that was used for just these types of occasions. Awaiting their unfortunate fate. "Wait for my call."

He could hear Psalms hesitation. So he had to make himself clear. "Wait for my call!"

Scotlynd watched biting her lips, keeping her head slightly down. Saide was burning a hole into her as her crossed legs bounced. Fidgeting with her hands she tried to cover her slightly exposed cleavage from the bikini top she had on. Saide and her eyes met for a moment before she quickly looked away. "Why are you here," Saide grimaced. Scotlynd kept her head down, not knowing if she was speaking to her or not. In a way, she didn't want to know. She hoped in some strange universe that Saide would let go of whatever unknown hate she harbor towards her and welcomed her. She did want to be with Sevyn for the rest of her life. However, she didn't know how that would be possible when his mother hated her so much."I said why the fuck are you here! Why are you sitting here fucking fine and my baby is in there with tubes coming out her mouth. Getting her fucking stomach pumped! You and yo fucking mother think yall fucking invincible? HUH! I thought I told you to stay away from my fucking son!"

"I...I'm sorry you feel th–at way Mrs. Watson... I tried to help as much as I could" she stuttered. She couldn't understand how she was being blamed for Syrai's condition.

"Sevyn busy up this bitch ass, and let my fucking baby get drugged! Unfucking believable," she raged pacing back and forth. Syn shook his head, he didn't know much about Scotlynd, but he knew how much his brother loved her, and how she looked out for his sister. His mother should have been grateful. But instead, she was tearing the girl down. Acting as if she was better than her. He had to control his scoff at the thought.

"Mom, watch yo fucking mouth. If she wasn't there helping Syrai, shit could be a lot worse. Count yo fucking blessing," Syn spat. Saide mouth slightly fell thinking how yet another man in her life had fallen at the unfortunate mercy of Scotlynd and her family.