Chapter 4

All i could do is scream and thrash as andy held tightly to me, stopping me from shifting and killing jasper.

He killed her! He just fucking killed my best friend, my lover, my everything! Jane had been the only constant in my life for the last seventeen years. All my life it had been jane and i, every scrapped knee, every heartbreak, every laugh, everything that had happened in my life happened with jane. She was the other half of my soul, my bestfriend soul mate, jane was my everything.

Now, watching her life's blood seep out across the cement all i could see is our lives together flash before my eyes. Every laugh, every tear, every hug and kiss, all of it gone in a flash.

"You fucking murderer!" i screamed, trying to rip myself out of andy's grasp. "You just fucking killed her for no god damn reason!"

Jasper's wolf stepped over jane's lifeless body and towards us. I could hear him through the packs mind link, "this is your fault, you are the one who fell into temptation and fucked the demon bitch"

"That doesnt give you the right to kill her!" i sobbed. The crushing weight of his words and the pain became to much and i crumpled to the ground. All i wanted was to disappear, to slip away into nothingness, maybe then i could be back with my best friend.

"Whether they broke some stupid law of your packs or not that does not give you the right to kill anybody, especially someone outside of your pack" andy snapped, leaning over me.

"I have every right to punish someone who put their disgusting hands on my mate" jasper growled through the mind link.

"Kari, kari, baby come on, let me take you away from here. I will make sure jane's body is properly cared for, but right now i need to get you away from here" andy said, softly, his hands rubbing small circles into my arms. I shook my head. No, i didnt want to leave, i wanted to stay here and be with my jane, to hold her and tell her everything was going to be ok.

I hear andy sigh and then his arms were underneath of me again, lifting me up into the air, holding me tightly to his chest. "I will be placing a call to the elders and seeing that you are properly punished for ending an innocent life" for the first time i could hear the anger in andy's voice. Whether it was because i was hurting or because he had just watch a murder i wasnt sure, but it was actually a little comforting to know i wasnt the only one pissed off right now.

Andy turned and started walking away from the carnage, making sure to keep my face pressed firmly into his chest as i sobbed.

"Where the fuck do you think your going with my-"

"She is not your mate! She rejected you! And now, after killing her best friend you really think she will stay with you?" andy had turned back and faced a human jasper. "No, no, i am taking kari back to the coven house, where she will be kept as far away from you as possible. You will never see my mate again" he said putting extra emphasis on the word "my".

"You cant do that. The goddess chose kari for me, and me alone"

"Gods your stupider than i thought. If the goddess chose kari just for you then i would not havve been able to mark her, dumbass" with that andy tucked me in tighter to his chest and started running.

Every instinct in my body told me to make him let me go so i could go back to my best friend, but the rational part of me knew that it was pointless. Jane was gone, gone forever. She was never coming back.

How was i going to tell her parents? Oh gods, mark and ally were going to hate me. It's my fault jane is dead, if i would have just followed the werewolf way and not fallen into temptation none of this would have happened. My best friend would still be alive and well, instead of dead in the street.