CHAPTER 1

LUSCIOUS

Shadow Pack was the center of Pentagon Packs; the lead and the main ground. The seven packs leading were the strongest and substantial packs to exist and were called the Pentagon.

The Shadow Pack was led by the infamous Alpha, Luscious Knight. Raised through the hurdles of life, Knight built his pack from the bottom of the hierarchy to now the leading pack under the King.

Known for his ruthless ruling, Luscious' pack became untouchable and feared amongst the rest. His reign was successful and his pack members grew abundantly due to his ingenious and excellent lead.

Situated on the southeast mountain of the wolf kingdom, his pack stood proud and healthy. The pack he built from his hard work,  sweat and blood.

"Alpha, we received a message from the King's messenger" my beta informed me as he invited himself inside my office.

Shifting my attention from the piles of paper to him, I asked, "What is it?"

"They need other scouts of warriors to join the search for the queen" with his words I completely forget my work.

"The queen? What do you mean?" The King's mate has been long untraceable for decades and the King may have searched for her but not to the extent of asking for the pack's military help since he has thousands of it. This is new and I felt positive about it.

"The king has found her. He met her already but she ran away again. The Royal military has been on search for her and he is asking for assistance with our pack trackers"

"That's good news. Finally, the seat will be occupied. The king has been longing for this for a long time" I commented but frowned. "But did you hear why she ran away?"

Blaze shook his head. "The story says she's the legend of the forest, some says that she's a hybrid and that she does not know of the King being her mate but nothing has been officially confirmed. Everything is purely speculation until the king confirms himself. What's certain is that the king has finally found the queen" he smiled, obviously delighted at the news.

I was surprised. I heard stories about the legend of the forest and she seemed to catch the heart and attention of the shifters. Despite the exaggerated stories about her it was said to be true and that she remained a legend for her kindhearted act. Unbeknownst to any of us she is the queen. Huh, the irony.

The legend of the forest as queen and the Lycan wolf as King. They will make a great pair.

I feel happy for the King, it has been long overdue since his time of official mating but since he has not found his soulmate he waited and searched every part of the grounds but failed miserably. Now that he has found his mate, the queen, I could imagine how excited and happy he is. All the packs will be rejoicing about this. I can't wait for it.

I nodded, "Go and notify the best of our trackers. Inform them about the affairs and prepare them for departures this afternoon. And you'll join the troops to lead them" I instructed and he quickly obliged.

"Yes, Alpha!"

I resumed my work. Analyzing as I read through the couples of documents then signing the papers on the table. Since the pandemic of ogres started the demand for crop production has risen. Many of the packs have been suffering from the previous unannounced attacks from the pestilence of these unknown creatures. The food production has been affected since the main source of food was from farming, including agriculture and growing stocks.

Since there has been a shift of season we can't rely on hunting foods and have to take measures to feed the packs, we take alternatives, thus the production of crops and stocks pervades.