T W E N T Y

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Chapter Twenty: Sonogram

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

"I'M sorry, but the person you are trying to reach is not available. Please check the number or try your call again. Thank you."

Aki moved the phone away from her ear, exhaling heavily. Nathan's name flashed across the screen before she pressed the red button, lowering her hand back into her lap. She rubbed the side of her neck, texting him once again, asking him to come back.

She hadn't seen him since that night. He hadn't come back to the apartment, nor answered any of her messages. She even sent him photos of her sonogram, hoping that it would convince him that he didn't hurt her nor her baby.

"He'll come back," Gojo said, rubbing her shoulder soothingly when she hung her head. "He's probably just feeling guilty."

"I know, but he didn't have control over himself," She mumbled, propping her chin in her palm. "I hate when he runs off. It makes me worry."

Gojo handed her a cup of tea, making her thank him. He walked around the couch before seating himself beside her, draping his arm over her shoulders. She leaned into his side, laying her head on his shoulder as she turned, draping her legs over his thighs.

"It'll be alright," He assured, brushing her hair behind her ear. "You know he never stays gone for long."

"Knock knock!"

They both looked over as the door to their apartment cracked open, a trio of familiar heads appearing in the doorway. Gojo smiled, calling for them to enter. His students sauntered in single file, though, both adults rose when they saw a fourth teenager being dragged behind them.

"We found a cat outside!" Kugisaki announced, throwing her arm on Nathan's shoulders. "Can we keep it?"

Aki rose from the couch and rushed forward, cupping Nathan's face in her hands. Her chest tightened when she saw the bruising around his eyes and the gash along the bridge of his nose. He winced when she brushed her thumb along the wound, pulling away from her hold. He kept his eyes downcasted, refusing to meet her gaze.

"What'd you do?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowing together.

"It's from Rey," He mumbled quietly, pushing her hands away. "I'm fine, Akeldama."

"Quit sulking," Gojo said, slapping his shoulder as he smiled widely. "The baby's fine, y'know."

Nathan lifted his head. "I-It is?"

Aki sat back down, smiling softly. "Yeah."

His shoulders relaxed. Itadori hit him in the arm, giving him an 'I told you so' look. Nathan rubbed the back of his neck.