The verdict

This was it. The day she had waited for. Day 697. The day of Max Hastings final trial. Would her plan work? "It will be ok, Sarge." Ravi's voice said in her head. She talked to him everyday even if she wasn't really with him. She missed him so much. Her heart was pounding so loud in her ears at the thought that she wouldn't see him, or her family, or her friends again. She started sweating. She looked down, blood. She saw the blood on her hands, Stanley's blood. So much emotion going through her, knot in her gut, blood on her hands, gunshots in her chest. No. Not gunshots in her chest. Just her heart racing. She didn't have time to think about the gunshots. "Just do it trouble. It will be ok I promise." He said again. How could he promise? He lived in her mind now. He wasn't real. The real Ravi lived in Fairview. He lived 3 hours away. She wished he was right there with her. To comfort her. Oh how she missed him. "Just check it, Pip. Just do it." She said to herself. She turned on the Television. She switched it to the Fairview News just in time.

"The court of Fairview, Connecticut, finds Max Hastings guilty of the murder of Jason Bell. He will be charged with 3rd degree murder and sentenced for life."

They did it. They really did it. She can see everyone again. Her friends, Her family, She can see- She can see Him again. She choked on the thought of it. Her hands flew to her mouth. Her face was wet. She had started crying from that single thought. She told her family had gotten an internship and couldn't come home for the summer although she had really been traveling from hotel to hotel. Her phone buzzed. She almost didn't feel it but she's overjoyed that she did. Ravi. He waited for her. 697 days. He waited almost 2 years for Pip.

 He waited almost 2 years for Pip