Prologue:

----This Chapter is written by Void-King----

----------

20,000 years after the Tenma War, the Central world had advanced on an unprecedented scale. The world had united as one and traversed multiple stars and galaxies that exist in the vast expanse of space.

The people of the Central world had obtained vast knowledge, which could be said to be the pinnacle of wisdom.

The Octagram had been known throughout the Multiverse as The Guardians of Reality, those who protect the balance of powers.

Each member had their own universe to look after as their new territory.

And all of that happened because of the leadership of one person, Rimuru Tempest himself. With his leadership, even the prideful demons bowed down to him. However, there was something he could never forget, a regret that haunted him even after 20,000 years.

He had experienced many hellos and goodbyes, but there was one hello and one goodbye that he could never forget: not being able to save his destined one, Shizue Izawa. After the Tenma War, he tried to move on by releasing Shizue's soul back to the cycle of reincarnation. But after so many years, he came to realize that Shizue had left a big hole in his heart.

"Even after all of these years, I still can't forget about you, Shizu-san," Rimuru said as he looked at the mask that Shizue left him, a memento that holds his, Shizue's, and Chloe's memories.

"It's funny how an immortal being like me is tied down by my memories,"

Rimuru reflected. He remembered all the things he tried to do to forget Shizue. He tried to immerse himself in work, conquer planet after planet, but no matter what he did, he couldn't escape Shizue's memories. He couldn't even bring himself to love someone, even though many people, like Shuna, Shion, Hinata, Chloe, and Luminous, expressed their love for him. But he didn't accept their love because he wanted to give his love to her, the only person he had fallen for.

"Maybe if I were stronger during our first meeting, I would have been able to save you," Rimuru murmured as he closed his eyes to sleep after a long day of work, hoping that tomorrow would be a better day.

***

The sun started to rise from the horizon, indicating a new day, a new beginning for the people of the Central World.

Rimuru opened his eyes and took a look at his surroundings. He went to the bathroom to clean himself, and when he looked at his reflection in the mirror, he couldn't help but remember Shizue once more.

The day went on as usual for Rimuru. He did his work, looked around town, and spent his remaining free time on the hill where he made a tombstone for Shizue.

He rested there until a voice echoed in his head.

[Master, are you okay?]

"I'm fine, Ciel."

Ciel knew that even if her Master said that he was fine, she could feel loneliness from him.

[Master, I have a suggestion.]

"What kind?"

[Master, you should take a break from governing Tempest. I will handle your work here while I reincarnate you to a place where you can relax.]

"Hmm... I see. I guess it's not bad to take a break once in a while... alright, do it, Ciel."

[As you wish, Master.]

Ciel came out of Rimuru with the same appearance, the only difference being her crimson red eyes.

[Have fun, Master.] Ciel said with a smile on her face.

"See you soon, Ciel."

Rimuru's body got covered in a dazzling white light and soon disappeared. After Rimuru got reincarnated successfully, a smile formed on Ciel's face.

[Master, I hope you will find her there.] Ciel said as she looked at the pile of stones by her side.

***

Location: Karakura Town, Kurosaki residence.

A boy with silver-blueish hair can be seen walking with four bags of groceries in his hands. He stops in front of a house with a clinic in front.

"Yuzu, Karin, I'm home."

"Ahh, welcome home, Rimuru-nii."

"Welcome home, Nii-san."

Two young girls greeted his return. One had short black hair and somehow had a tomboyish attitude, while the other girl had brown hair and an emergency attitude.

"Yuzu, I bought the things you asked for."

Rimuru handed over one bag of groceries to Yuzu.

"Are you going to eat here, Nii-san?" Yuzu asks.

"Yup, I'll eat here. Let me just put my groceries in the fridge back at my house," Rimuru said and went to his house next door.

On his way, he can see a spirit that has chains on its chest, running around. Ever since his reincarnation, he could see the spirits of this world. He could even see monster spirits known as Hollows and those that fight them off, the Shinigami, but Rimuru ignores it all as if nothing is happening and lives his life as a normal person.

Until one day, his twin brother Ichigo had a fateful encounter with a Shinigami that gave him the power to become one.

Ichigo got involved in many things with the Soul Society. During that time, Rimuru saw how his twin brother fought extremely powerful foes, but he didn't interfere. However, one day he got caught in a situation that Ichigo saw him saving their classmates. Of course, Rimuru didn't use his powers, so Ichigo thought that he just had strong spiritual energy that allowed him to see ghosts, spirits, as well as Shinigami and Hollows.

That led Ichigo to tell him that from time to time, he goes out to fight off Hollows and the one who was in his body was a modified soul known by the name of Kon.

After putting all of his groceries in his home, Rimuru went back to the Kurosaki Residence where his idiot father, his twin brother, and his two sisters lived.

On his way, he was sighing since he bought a house using his own money to live alone, and guess what? He didn't expect that the house he bought was just next to his family's house.

"Well, I guess that's what I get for not even checking the location of the house that I bought," Rimuru said with a sigh.

---End---