7 - reputation

Elphias had always sensed that something was wrong with Gellert Grindelwald, but he could never have anticipated the extent to which the blond would go to get what he wanted. The events of the previous night had shaken him to his core, deepening his growing unease and suspicion towards Gellert.

As the morning light filtered through the barred windows and snow could be seen falling down from the sky, Elphias sat alone in a cold and dark room, with a throbbing pain in his head. What happened last night and why was he here? The memories were hazy, disjointed fragments that refused to form a coherent picture.

He shivered, not only from the biting coldness of the room but also from an unsettling feeling deep within him. It was as if a chilling presence had seeped into his very being, leaving him with a sense of unease and trepidation. He tried to recall the events of the Yule Ball, but everything was blurred, like a foggy mirror reflecting a distorted reality.

Elphias couldn't shake off the feeling that something was terribly wrong. He knew every room in Durmstrang was cold, but this was different. It was as if the darkness of the night had lingered, casting an eerie shadow over his surroundings. He could almost feel icy fingers brushing against his skin, a ghostly reminder of the mysterious events that had unfolded.

"H-Hello?" Elphias hesitantly whispered, his voice trembling with fear. He nearly jumped out of his skin when a small and distant voice replied to him.

"I see you're finally awake..." The voice seemed to emerge from the shadows, and Elphias strained his eyes to catch a glimpse of the speaker. As the figure came closer, he realised it was a fourth-year Durmstrang girl. He couldn't discern her features clearly, and the lack of familiarity sent a chill down his spine. 

Elphias glared at the girl, his fear giving way to frustration and confusion. "What do you want? Why am I h-here?" His voice wavered, betraying his unease.

The girl stepped closer, her presence casting an unsettling aura around her. "I apologise for the circumstances, Doge," she said, her voice laced with an eerie calmness. "But you possess something that our master desires." He could practically hear her smirk. 

"M-Master? What d-do you mean..." Elphias stammered, his head throbbing from the blow he had received. The room spun around him, and he struggled to make sense of the situation.

"Lord Grindelwald, you idiot!" the girl snapped, frustration evident in her voice as she crossed her arms. "He despises your close friendship with the pretty Dumbledore boy so he asked us to do this."

Elphias's eyes widened in disbelief. "What? Grindelwald is behind this?" The realisation struck him like a bolt of lightning, of course Grindelwald did this to him...

The girl nodded, her expression solemn. "Fortunately, you've become too much of a burden in Lord Grindelwald's plans. Your connection to Dumbledore poses a threat to his influence over him."

Elphias glared at her, his frustration seeping through. "Well, I can't control my feelings, can I? And it's not like Albus reciprocates them, so I fail to see the significance..."

A sinister smirk curved the girl's lips as she ignored his words. "The Dumbledore may think that you've returned to Hogwarts, but rest assured, he won't find you there. You've been taken to a place far away from his reach."

"No..." Elphias's voice trembled with determination. "I won't let him tear us apart. Albus deserves better than that. He will find me, no matter where they've taken me."

The girl's smirk widened, as if relishing in Elphias's defiance. "We shall see, Elphias Doge. The tides of fate are fickle."

Elphias clenched his fists, his resolve solidifying. His eyes widened as the girl raised her wand and pointed it at him. A surge of panic washed over him as a wave of drowsiness swept through his body. He fought against the overwhelming fatigue, struggling to stay conscious, but it was futile.