4 - kiss in the blizzard

Mein Liebster, Albus,                                                              8th December, 1897

Meet me by the library before sunset, I have something to show you. 

- Gellert

Albus looked at the tiny piece of parchment, the ink slightly smudged, confusion lingering in his mind as he sat at dinner with his two friends. What did Gellert want to show him? 

"Hey, Albus, what's that?" Elphias suddenly asked, his weariness apparent as he glanced at the parchment Albus was holding with sceptical eyes.

Albus hesitated for a moment, unsure of how to respond. "Oh, it's just a message from a professor, asking for some information," he lied, his thoughts consumed by Gellert's enigmatic note. Excusing himself from the table, he made his way to the library, drawn by the allure of the triangle mark that Gellert had supposedly engraved into the wall. Leaning against the marked wall, he waited while reading a book, the anticipation growing within him.

"So, you were this eager to meet me, huh, Al?" a voice called out from his right. Albus turned his head, and there stood Gellert, draped in his Durmstrang fur cape and robes, a knowing smile gracing his face.

Albus's heart skipped a beat, a mix of apprehension and curiosity coursing through him. "What did you want to show me, Gellert?" he asked, his voice laced with enthusiasm.

Gellert closed the book in Albus’ hand with deliberate care, his eyes locking with Albus's in a moment of undeniable connection as he used a vanishing charm on it. "Patience, mein Liebe," he responded with a smirk.

Albus's eyes widened in surprise as Gellert's hands enveloped his own, pulling him gently but playfully from the confines of the castle and into the blizzard. Curiosity mingled with anticipation as he allowed himself to be led outside, stepping into a world transformed by a blanket of pristine snow. Flakes danced in the air, swirling in intricate patterns, casting a magical ambiance over the expansive Durmstrang grounds.

As they ventured further, Albus couldn't help but release a breathless gasp, his breath visible in the chilly air. The wintry landscape stretched out before them, seemingly endless in its beauty. The pristine white canvas invited them to partake in its enchantment, and with a mischievous glint in his eyes, Gellert tugged Albus forward, their footsteps leaving behind imprints in the snow.

They ran, their laughter mingling with the soft crunch of snow beneath their feet, creating a symphony of joy. Albus felt a warmth spread through him, not just from the exhilaration of the moment, but from the undeniable connection he shared with Gellert. It was as if the wintry wonderland had become their own secret haven, a place where they could be themselves without the prying eyes of others.

Gellert twirled Albus in a playful dance, their movements graceful and carefree. The falling snowflakes adorned their hair and clothes, creating a picturesque scene of friendship and shared delight. With each passing moment, Albus's worries and the weight of his recent experiences melted away, replaced by a newfound sense of freedom and happiness.

Albus never really danced with someone before. 

They paused, catching their breath, their eyes meeting in a shared understanding. No words were necessary in that frozen moment; the unspoken bond between them spoke volumes. As they stood there, hand in hand, surrounded by the serenity of nature's embrace, Albus felt an unshakable trust in Gellert, a trust that whispered of adventures yet to come and a future waiting to unfold. 

Gellert looked at Albus with the deepest admiration as he gazed out at the enchanting sunset through all of the snow. "Isn't this a magnificent view?" he remarked, his voice filled with wonder.