𝚂𝙸𝚇

Walking together proved to be more awkward than your tipsy mind thought it would be. You two barely knew each other so it wasn't like you could just spurt nonsense like you usually do with your friends. It didn't seem like his car was anywhere close and the silence was unfortunately getting to your head.

"So..." He glanced over at your sudden spurt of  conversation, "I never seen you at one of Trell's parties before. This your first time coming?"

"Yea..."

"Really?! I mean, I thought since you was on the same team as him, you would have at least been to one. The whole team always go together."

He hesitated for a bit, "Ion think they fuck wit me."

Now that you were thinking back on it, you never seen him close with any of the members. Besides playing on the court, the only interaction you saw between them was when Santana was first introduced. You knew Ty wasn't particularly fond of him, but that was the case for most of the players on the team. As for Trell, Chance, and the rest, nobody ever explicitly stated that they disliked him.

You couldn't see no reason why they wouldn't like him though. From the time you two spent together, he seemed like a good guy. He was cute, artistic, could dress, played good basketball, and considerate. You could imagine him and Trell becoming close friends due to their golden personalities and was surprised he wasn't more popular at school.

"Ion think so. They're just hard to open up to. We all grew up together, so ya'kno its different when someone's new added to the picture." You pointed between the two of you. "Just look at us. You probably thought the same thing bout me, but we cool now. At least I would like to think so."

He did a quiet laugh sharing his low red eyes, "Yeah, we cool."

"So when you talk to them, just think of it like your talking to me. I kno wit my friends, we basically all the same person."

"Nobody can be like you, Reagan."

You gave him a smile back, "Have you met any other people out here? I kno you moved kinda late in the year, it would be hard to make new friends."

"Nah... only you."

You did a shocked expression, putting your hand over your mouth, "So what you've been doing this whole year?"

"You actin like ion got no friends at all. I'm still in touch wit my homeboys from back home." He assured you.

"I think I heard you was from Jersey right? I can tell by the accent."

"You should hear my mom's. She's straight from the shore." He laughed.

"You ever be missin back at home?"

"I guess... but shit, what can I do now. I graduated, there's no point of stressing when imma just move in two months anyways." Silence took over as you were reminded by the fact that everybody would soon be split apart.

You planned on going to NYU for their law program, while Daysha is going to Brown and Chanelle is going to UGA. Everybody was happy for each other when they received the acceptance letters, but soon y'all realized just how far you three would be. You would be going from spending almost every day with each other, to being miles apart.

That's why for this summer, the three of you promised to spend every last moment with each other, so that when you do eventually have to split, you'll remember the amazing times y'all had. And when the time comes to reunite again, you will be able to just go back to how things were before. Like nothing ever changed. Like time never passed.