Chapter 9

"It feels like flowers are blooming inside Athy's mouth!"__________________________

__________________________

Although Alethea wanted to sit next to her father, she relented and instead sat next to her sister at the other end of the table.

"From your expression, I can tell that you are doing much better now," Claude commented, referring to how Athanasia had been sick.

"Papa is prettier too!" Athanasia said with a smile on the outside while on the inside she was sneering at him, 'Oh so you did know I was sick!'

'Remember to stay calm.'

Sighing, Athanasia tried to restrain her rage and focus on what was important, 'I know, no matter how angry he makes me I have to keep my cool and do what I need to do to survive.'

Alethea smiled at her older sister, 'You don't have to worry as much as you do, you're doing way better than you think.' She reassured her sister in their mind link before turning towards their father and cutely peering up at him, "Papa, sir Felix told us that you are super strong, is that true?"

'When did he tell us that?' The older princess wondered, trying to remember when their new knight had said that.

'Felix said that Claude was the only known person to ever be able to defeat the lotus flower in the lake so that was him implying how strong he is.' Was Alethea's quick reply as she awaited her father's answer.

"I guess you could say that," He lazily stated as he stared down at her and continued as he leaned back in his chair with his elbow on the table, "I'm quite good with a sword and my magic is very powerful while my divine powers are lacking a bit but are still impressive."

"Wowwww," Alethea marveled in wonder, "I thought nobody could have both magic and divine energy in their body. Aren't the two powers not compatible?"

Instead of answering her, Claude just smirked and laid his head on his fist as he glanced at their plates, "We can talk about this some other time for now let's eat. I made the imperial chief prepare things the two of you would like."

'The fuck? And that would be all meat dishes?' Swallowing her annoyance, she replied politely with a quiet, "Thanks for the food."

The twins struggled to cut the meat with the little strength they had in their tiny bodies. It was even harder than it should be thanks to their father's eyes that were locked on their forms. Suddenly Athanasia's fork and knife got stuck in her steak and as she tried to pull it out, they went flying. The utensils sailed through the air right towards Alethea who quickly ducked under the table right as the fork and knife embedded itself in her chair.

Alethea sat frozen under the table, not being able to utter even a peep as her eyes stayed on the utensils impelled on her seat. Her face paled as her eyes widened, nearly popping out of their sockets as she shakingly got up. The moment she stood back up her legs gave out and just as she thought she was going to fall face-first on the ground, her father caught her.