Not Just A Game (Chapter 3, Part 2)

CLICKY CLICKY THE VOTE BUTTON!!!

Leave me a comment? <3

(James POV)

The first week of school went by in a daze. 

I hadn't imagined that moving to this school would cause so much drama. Alexandria is the devil in disguise and Jinx already hated me.

I pulled into the back of Danny's Repair Shop and cut the engine, staring out my window at the two large doors to the garage. I could see that there were only two cars in there being worked on by my dad. 

When my dad made the announcement at dinner a few months back that he had bought an Auto Repair Shop in Ohio I was not happy. The rest of my family, being my mother, older brother Shawn, and younger sister Piper, had been ecstatic. 

It's not that I had any friends I would be missing, I just didn't like the idea of moving into an apartment over a loud, noisy repair shop. I also didn't like having to spend my whole summer vacation packing and shipping everything to a town that was extremely different in comparison to New York. We would go from the hustle and bustle of the night life to quaint little suburbs. It was hard to take in, but I had to do it to keep my mother from going ballistic. I pasted on a fake smile and pretended to be happy for the sake of my family.

I was knocked out of my thoughts when my father tapped on my window. I nodded and got out of the car, slinging my bag across my chest.

"Hey buddy, how'd the first day go? Did ya make any friends?" He asked excitedly, wiping grease from his hands with a rag.

"It was fine," I shrugged and made my way over to the stairs that led to our apartment. 

"Hey wait, what's with the long face?" He kept with my pace and stopped me before I could go upstairs.

My father was very intimidating at first glance. He was 6'3 with a medium build and clean cut brown hair which was turning grey with old age. He always had this look on his face that made him look eternally pissed off, but really he was a nice guy.

"I met a girl," I sighed and leaned against the railing, crossing my arms across my chest.

"That's great son! Why are you upset about that? Isn't she pretty?" He asked with a confused look on his face.

"Yeah dad, she's beautiful. But she misunderstood somethings and apparently doesn't want to speak to me ever again." I rubbed a hand over my face as I explained. All I wanted right now was a cold shower.

"Hmm, well it sound like you are in quite a pickle there." My dad said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

I groaned and began walking up the stairs sluggishly.

"Yeah dad, I know that," I told him over my shoulder.

"Well maybe you should talk to your mom about it! You know, she is a girl, she might be able to help." 

"Yeah, sure dad," I said sarcastically as I walked into the apartment.

I liked out apartment, it was cozy. It was a 4 bedroom and 2 bath, about 2,000 square feet. About the same as the one in New York. My mom had done most of the unpacking over the summer so it wasn't a mess.

I went over to my mom who was stirring something over the stove and gave her a peck of the cheek.

"Hey, what's cooking?" I asked as I went to the fridge to grab a Coke.

"Hi honey! I'm making beef stew. How was your day? Did you make any friends?" She asked excitedly.

My mom was a short woman with wavy blond hair and blue eyes. She sat down at the kitchen table and gestured for me to sit with her.

I sighed and sat down, tossing my bag onto the counter.

"I need your advice," I said, squinting as the words came out of my mouth.

"Oh, honey this is great! You never come to me about things! Okay, okay, tell me. What's going on?" She leaned forward in her seat and looked at me wide-eyed.

"I met a girl,-" She cut me off before I could get anything else out.

"Oh how wonderful! Is she pretty? I bet she's gorgeous. Did you get her number? Did you give her yours? Did you ask her out? Come on, out with it!" She was getting way too excited and this is exactly the reason I did not talk to her about these things.

"Calm down, okay? Yes, she is extremely beautiful. Yes I gave her my number. I sort of asked her out, I asked her to have lunch with me, which she did. It all went down hill from there." I said, looking down at the wood table.

My mother nodded and looked at me expectantly, waiting for me to go on.

"Well, this other girl who I have no interest in whatsoever told the girl I do like, her name is Jinx by the way. And this other girls name is Alexandria. Anyway, Alexandria told Jinx to back off from me because she is interested, and I ran into Jinx in the hall way and she was upset and she basically told me to get lost. This whole thing is so crazy and I feel like I am in middle school again!" I told her the story and she stayed quite the whole time.

She finally spoke up and said, "Well, I think you should tell this Jinx girl that whatever Alexandria said is untrue, and that you had no intention of hurting her feelings."

I nodded and ran a hand through my hair.

"Yeah, I know. I've told Alexandria to back off and Jinx..Well, we will she what happends tomorrow."

I went on to tell my mother more about Jinx and she seemed pleased.

"She sounds lovely. I had no idea you were attracted to curvy girls, all your past girlfriends have always been toothpicks!" She laughed softly and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, well I didn't really notice that she wasn't a 'toothpick' mom. I noticed how her eyes sparkled when the sun hit them, and how she is awkward in a cute way." I told her this with a goofy grin on my face.

"Well, you have to invite her for dinner one night, I would love to meet her." She patted my hand and stood to check on the stew. 

I smiled at her and got up to go to my room. I turned around and peeked out into the kitchen one last time.

"Oh yeah, if the school calls and says I got detention, it was completely the teachers fault." I hauled ass to my room before my mother could reply and the last thing I heard before getting into my shower was her yelling my name.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

There you go, guys! The other parts in this chapter are going to be fillers just to fill in the gaps that are missing in the story. I hope you enjoyed it! Leave me a comment and tell me what you think! Thank you so much for reading!

Love and Happy St. Patrick's day,

-Em