|Chapter 7: Conversing|

Anamika and Ruhana are alone at home. They engage in a cute fight and end up laughing out loud. They compose themselves, and then Anamika looks at Ruhana. The latter feels her gaze on herself, and she twitches her eyebrows at her. Ruhana asks her the reason while arranging her books on the shelf. As she finishes arranging the books, Anamika holds her hand and pulls her onto the bed. Ruhana is astonished.

“Ana, ye kya hain? Kya hua?” She asks lovingly.

“Di, ek baat puchun?” Anamika asks

“Tu ek nahi 10 baatein puch sakti hain. Tujhe itni formality ki kya zaroorat, tu meri pyari si behna hai!” Ruhana replies, squishing her cheeks.

“Isliye toh puch rahi hoon, aap hamesha mere sath rahogi na? Aap mujhe akele toh nahi chhod dogi naa?” Anamika asks, and Ruhana is astonished.

“Tu aisa kyun bol rahi hai, Anu? Hum dono hamesha sath mein rahenge, pakka!” Ruhana says, she is holding her hands in hers

“Pakka naa?” Anamika looks at her elder sister.

“Han Ana, pakka wala promise. Tujhe pata hai na main hamesha apne promises pure karti hoon.” Ruhana looks at her sister.

Anamika says nothing but hugs her sister. Ruhana also embraces her in his arms. The girl might be scared, but ever since Anamika entered the family, Ruhana has promised herself that she will always be by her side and also protect her. Ofcourse, Anamika knows the truth but this family of hers have never let her feel that she’s an outsider, and that they have adopted her. Ragini loves and pampers her more than she does for Ruhana.

Ruhana cuddles Anamika for another time and kisses her head softly. They parted the hug, and the former cupped the latter’s face.

“Anu! Kuch hua hai kya?” Ruhana asks her.

“Nahi Di! Bas mera mann kiya aapse puchne ka.” Anamika smiles.