SIXTEEN

As the days passed and flew by, the news of Luna's scent was heard throughout the pack. They knew it would not be much longer for them to wait and finally have their long, awaited Luna and have her standing beside their Alpha, helping him lead the pack. They could not wait to see the colour of her wolf when she shifts for the first time instead of when she should have turned sixteen years old and not when she is twenty-three years old and finds out what her wolf's name will be. The first shift will be painful but even more excruciating because Luna Rosa has been unable to shift because of the scent blockers she unknowingly took. But now, since the scent blockers have withdrawn from her system, they are counting down the days she receives her wolf and shifts for the first time. The days of waiting are coming sooner than anyone thinks. Mia heard a Voice say to her, "Mia! It's time for you to wake up", the voice said. Mia whispers weakly, "Who's there?" The voice said to her, "I am the Moon Goddess. You may know me as Selene", she explained. Mia replied, "Yes, what can l do for you, Moon Goddess," she asked her. The Moon Goddess replies, "Well, first, you can call me Selene, and secondly, l need you to get healthier for yourself and your human's side. e l can help you there, and another thing, when you are feeling better, l will need you to help your human counterpart Rosa and answer any questions that she might have for you to answer. She does not know that she is part wolf. Her father, for safety reasons, had her on scent blockers since she was thirteen until a week ago after being attacked by a pack of wild wolves near her family's old property where she has been living. I healed her cuts and bruises; now her scent has broken through, it won't be much longer, and with my help, it will even be less than necessary. Besides, she has already met her mate in his wolf form, and he has stayed with her. At the same time, she heals and strengthens the mate bond, " she explained to the she-wolf. Mia replies to the Moon Goddess, "Yes, please, anything to make us both stronger", as Mia whispers her plea to the Moon Goddess for help. The Moon Goddess told the she-wolf, "No need to worry, my child. Between you and her mate wolf Diego and his human half Luca, the pack and Elder Gabriel, she has all the support she will need to answer her questions. Plus, there is a letter from her late father addressed to her. Rosa, your other half, can start to move and hear you and everyone else that comes and goes from her roo. You, Mia, will be able to connect to your other half, Diego Lucas's wolf, as you both are mates, and he will be able to help you understand what mates are. The week will be nearly up soon, and Rosa must wake up, so you will need to start talking to her and telling her that she is not alone and that some people are waiting for her to wake up. This will do for now. I will be back to see how you both are doing," said the Moon Goddess, sending some white light into Mia's body to help her. Mia thanks the Moon Goddess, and she replies, "You're welcome, my child. Until then, bye, my dear Mia", the Moon Goddess said before her voice left. Mia said, "Goodbye, Selene", she whispered back to the Moon Goddess. Mia then tried to connect to her human part and called, "Rosa, are you there?" Mia waited and waited until... "Rosa, are you there?" Rosa heard a voice calling out to her and wondered where it was coming from, but she answered anyway. "Hello, who's there," she asked. The voice replied, "My name is Mia, and l am your wolf half", she said to her. Rosa thought that she was crazy as she said, "Your, my what!" she exclaimed. Mia sighed. "I am your wolf half, and no, you are not crazy. You don't know everything yet, but everything will make sense soon, l promise", she told her other half. Rosa replies sceptically. "Okay, how soon," she asks. Then Mia answered her, "When we are both better and stronger for now, which could be in a few days according to the Moon Goddess" She explained to her, "Until then, you will be able to talk to me like this, but for now, l think we need to rest up more because after the next few days we both wake up will be a bit hectic" she informs Rosa who then asks "Why?" Mia replied, "Because there are a lot of people who are waiting to meet you for a long time," she said to her "But don't worry, there are people that are there to help and support you and to answer any questions you might have" she explained to the other part of herself. Curious, Mia asked Rosa, "Have you heard of the Moon Goddess before?" Rosa replies, "No, not that l know of, but l have heard a woman's voice speaking to me before. Why?" Mia replies, "That would be the Moon Goddesses' voice that you heard", she revealed to her. Rosa answers, "Really, her voice was so nice to hear in all this darkness," Rosa to Mia, who replies ", You won't be in the dark for much longer, and everything will be revealed, and until then, rest and talk with me when you need to because we need to get to know each other because we will be together for a long time," she said to Rosa who replies "Okay and thank you, Mia, for telling me this much," she said to her. Mia replied, "No worries, and you're welcome," She said they ended their conversation for another day or time. Rosa was still going over the information that Mia had revealed to her. Was it true that she is half human and half wolf, she thought to herself; if that is the case, then that means that her family are too; why did they hide the truth from her? She wondered; l guess that l will have to wait to find out about that too when l wake up, and hopefully, that will be soon. She hoped and prayed that it would be soon. Rosa was suddenly able to move her fingers. She was so excited because even a tiny movement was better than being unable to move as she had been before, so she concentrated on moving her fingers more like she was exercising them. She could not wait for the rest of her body to do the same. For once, Rosa was excited but also scared and a little curious. Lucky for Rosa that she is a werewolf and not a cat because we all know what happens to curious felines, don't we?