TWO

When the phone rang in Alpha Luca Ferrera's office on Sunday morning around eleven, while he was in a meeting discussing pack matters with his best friend and Beta, Stefano De Luca, answered the call. He told me it was my younger brother Constantino, who is also my Gamma calling, and he sounded worried about something. Stefano said that he wanted to talk to me. I took Stefano's phone and put it on the loudspeaker so that we could hear what he had to say and speak to him as well. "What's wrong? Has something happened?" I asked him, sounding concerned about what he was going to say. He replies, "Yes, you could say that." he says with a troubled-sounding voice. Luca asks, "Why, what's going on?" His brother replied, "A young woman just came in and rented the old Romanetti property that's been vacant for years for two weeks" he replies. Luca answers, "What the hell is going on? That property shouldn't even be up For Rent; it's on our pack's land!" His brother replies, "Yeah, I know, but someone has put it up For Rent because it was on the board at the estate office. She paid in cash for the next two weeks. What are we going to do?" he asks, sounding worried. Stefano comes into the conversation, "What do you think, Luca?" he asks his Alpha. Luca replies, "Don't worry about its brother; we will have to keep our eyes on her to see what she's up to", he replies. His brother says, "Alright, what are you thinking of doing?" he asks Luca. He replies, "I think that l will go and check her out myself, but we wait until it's dark enough to go and see this young woman, and we will keep ourselves hidden from view as much as possible." His brother tells him, "Alright, will l meet you there?" Luca answers Constantino, "No, just Stefano and I will go; the less, the better," he said. "Okay, but let me know how you go, and please be careful", Constantino told him. Luca replies, "Yes, l will do both. What's the young woman's name?" he asks his brother. "Her name is Rosa Romano", he tells his brother. Hearing her name sent shivers down his back in response; he couldn't figure out why. The three of them agreed to Luca's plan since he is the Alpha of their pack. He will tell his brother what happened after they returned from seeing the woman. They both hang up the phone from their end.

Luca is still thinking about the young woman Rosa Romano. Little does Luca know how his life is about to change. Luca and Stefano left to go and check out Rosa Romano when it had turned dark enough. They both shifted into their wolf forms and ran until they came upon the property. Entering slowly and quietly through the bushes, they both see the woman in question outside the house. Unfortunately, Luca accidentally steps on a branch and can see the woman in question through the branches of the bushes where they are hiding behind. All you could see was their eyes meeting each other after she had looked back over her shoulder and saw a pair of gold eyes looking back at her. They stood there and looked at each other. Stefano looked at his Alpha and looked at her as if they were the last two people left behind in the middle of a room. Suddenly, looking scared, the woman in question rushes back inside the house and locks the door. Luca was broken from his sudden trance with Rosa Romano when she ran back inside the house and closed the door. He was still looking at the spot where she had been standing with a shocked look on his face. Not long after that, both left and shifted back to where they had left their clothes before shifting. Stefano shifted not long after Luca had and got dressed as well.

Meanwhile, Luca had just then realised that the woman was, in fact, the mate that he had been waiting for since he turned eighteen, and that was seven years ago. He was twenty-five now. Some wolves find their mates from the age of sixteen and up. Finding a mate at this stage of life is very rare for any wolf. Luca turned around and saw Stefano's reaction to what had happened. After witnessing what had just occurred, Stefano wanted to know about it. He asks Luca, "What just happened back there?" Luca replies, "We can't talk here. We must head back to my office and discuss this more privately with you and my brother before l even address the pack." Stefano replied, "It is that serious, alright, then let's go." They both returned to the packhouse and then his office, but not before Luca let out one big, long howl and linked with the pack that there was going to be a meeting in the meeting hall and everyone except for those who were on patrol was required to attend in ninety minutes. A chorus of "Yes Alpha" is heard through the link. In the meantime, Luca and Stefano inform his brother of what had happened and that he had found out that the woman, Rosa Roman,o is his mate and to discuss what will happen now that he has found her with them. The three leave his office and head to the meeting hall. Everybody is already there and is sitting in their seats waiting. Luca then enters the platform and announces that he has finally found his mate. The hall erupted with shouting, cheers and clapping from almost everyone except for a few of the unmated young female wolves that were still hoping that Luca would pick one of them as a Chosen mate if he still hadn't found his Fated mate. Not all the unmated females were happy that this had happened after all this time. Everyone else was delighted that their Alpha had found his mate, their Luna, and celebrated the good news. He told them about the situation with his mate, and just about everyone offered to watch over her by taking turns patrolling the area where she lives. Luca agreed to the suggestions, and the pack congratulated their Alpha again for finding his mate. Before Luca dismissed everyone, he sent out a warning, hurt his mate and their Luna in any way, and the consequences would be severe. Everyone went back to what they were doing before the meeting. Life in the pack was about to get interesting. In the meantime, dinner was being prepared while the meeting was being held. It was ready when the meeting was finished. Everyone had something to eat and returned to their rooms or found something else to do before retiring for the night, but not before thanking the kitchen staff for the delicious food. Luca was celebrating with his brother and his best friend. They continued congratulating him on finding his mate, their future Luna. He thanked them both again and said, "Goodnight." They all retired for the night. Luca was looking forward to tomorrow. He got ready for bed, did his bathroom routine, and thanked the Moon Goddess, Selene, for finding his mate. Luca also wondered if the Moon Goddess sent his mate here with a bit of help from her. Getting under the covers, he slowly drifts off to sleep while thinking about his mate when he hears a Voice saying, "You're welcome, Alpha Luca Ferrera." Luca thought, "Was that the Moon Goddesses voice l heard?" Luca thought to himself as he slowly drifted off to sleep, thinking about his beautiful mate, Rosa Romano, who has the most brilliant blue, green-flecked eyes. They are so memorable to Luca, who smiled when he fell asleep. Looking down from the moon, Selene, the Moon Goddess, watched the sleeping Alpha and said, "Everything is starting to fall back into place finally after all these years."