Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Christina would be landing at 8:30 PM. Ian was going to go pick her up because he felt like he had to face her sooner rather than later. Might as well just get over it. Plus, he wouldn't be alone. Skylar would be accompanying him, supporting him. Emily, on the other hand, was not going. She would be staying at his parents house another day, and then he would see exactly what he was going to do about her meeting Christina.

On the ride to the airport, Skylar was feeling nervous. She was about to meet Christina. Emily's mother. The woman whom had had a child with Ian. Yeah. She was preparing herself for an awkward first meeting. What would Christina's reaction be towards Skylar? Well, it was not like Christina could do anything about her relationship with Ian. She knew Ian disliked her way too much.

Honestly, she wasn't really looking forward to meeting Christina. She could have easily stayed back at her apartment, made herself a nice cup of coffee and watch old seasons of Parks and Recreation. But because she wanted to be a supportive girlfriend, she accompanied Ian, knowing very well that he was dreading seeing Christina again.

Skylar knew that Ian was trying to hide his feelings behind his seriousness. As he drove, he said nothing. His jaw was clenched tightly, and his knuckles were white from holding the steering wheel so tightly. She didn't want to see him like that.

"Ian," she said slowly, "you don't have to hide your true feelings. You can talk to me."

Ian glanced at her, his eyes softening. "I'm sorry," he said. "I'm just trying not to let my negative feelings take control of me. Apparently, I'm not doing such a good job."

"I'm here," Skylar promised him.

They were already at the airport, sitting down, and just waiting. Christina would land any second now, and their meeting would occur soon enough. Ian held her hand the whole time, looking at her lovingly.

"I'm driving her to a hotel, and that's that for Christina tonight," he explained. "Then it's me and you again, dolcezza."

Skylar leaned into him and pressed her lips to his. She had nothing to be worried about, she had to keep reminding herself. Christina was just a one-night-stand.

Yeah, a one-night-stand that had a child with him, her subconscious reminded her.

And then they saw her. Christina, that is. She knew because Ian's features changed and his grip on her hand became tighter.

She was beautiful, Skylar had to admit. Blonde hair that just passed her shoulders, symmetrical features, and a Victoria's Secret Angel-like body. She walked gracefully in sky-high heels, clad in tight jeans, and a blue blouse with a lot of visible cleavage. As she got closer, Skylar noticed blue-gray eyes and perfect lips. She could see why Ian had gone for her in the first place.

"Ian!" she mused. Even her freaking voice was nice!

Christina was obviously going for a hug, but Ian offered his hand instead.

"Hello, Christina," he said.

"You have not changed one bit." She looked him over unashamed and smiled. "Still one of the handsomest men I have ever met." Finally, she noticed Skylar. "And you are his, uh, girlfriend, right?"

Skylar nodded. "I'm Skylar."

Christina gave her a smile and went in for a hug with her. Skylar accepted it. Christina hugged her tight, and Skylar awkwardly hugged her back, engulfed in the smell of Chanel perfume.

Ian was annoyed. He did not like the idea of Christina getting so close to Skykar. He knew that it was all an act, no matter what Christina claimed. She was all sobered up and wanted to see her daughter, but how long until she decided she still wasn't ready and went back to her old ways? He knew that if he was patient, she would soon enough leave on her own.