{12} : Desicions

"He needs help, Luigi!"

"But..Mario is our brother.."

"Yes, but he would want you to do the right thing,"

"Which is.."

"Stay and help Bowser!"

"I'm torn between my brother, and someone who is in need,"

"Don't be selfish Luigi! Do the right thing!!"

...

"Are you going home with me? Or are you...staying..?" Mario asks expectantly. Luigi was torn. He loved his brother, and he was loyal to the mushroom kingdom, but if Bowser changed, it could be a big thing for both his kingdom, and the mushroom kingdom. All of this thinking was making his head hurt. He sweated a little bit, looking back and forth between the two, and just as he was about to open his mouth to say something, a terrible pain overtook his body.

His knees buckled and he fell down, gripping his leg. Mario and Bowser exchange scared glances, and rush over to help Luigi.

"Brother mio, who did this to you?!" Mario asks, just now noticing what condition his brother's leg was in. Luigi rolls over just enough to face Mario, and opens his mouth to say something, but instead yelps in agony. At this point, he was sweating more that humanly possible, and was turning red. Bowser picks Luigi up, and beckons for Mario to follow him.

The three rush down the stairs, with Bowser holding Luigi. They speed through the halls of the castle, and to the infirmary.

By the time they reached the castle's infirmary, Luigi was already unconscious. Bowser rushed in while Mario waited outside. He heard commotion from the inside, and then after a few seconds, a worried Bowser came out.

Mario looked at him and Bowser sighed, and took a seat. The two sat there in awkward silence, not knowing whether to argue,  or try to lighten the situation.  Mario however, was still processing what he had seen. Maybe it was because he wasn't getting enough sleep.

But everything was so shocking snd overwhelming.  Sure, he wanted Bowser to change, but it was all so sudden..and why did Luigi not want Mario to know where he was? That was weird also.

This mental argument with himself was making his head hurt. Bowser must've noticed his agony, because he spoke.

"Listen,  I know it's a lot to process, but I'm serious.." He says. Mario stays quiet. "It might take a while for you to trust me again, but I promise, I won't hurt anyone,  ever again." He says, sincerity all over his tone.

Mario looked down at his hands. He could see the changes that Bowser was making. He seemed sincere and truthful, and the fact that he lied to him almost slipped his mind.

...almost.

"But I'm confused. Why did you lie to me?" He asks, looking up again. Bowser looks down, and then back up at mario. "I was..scared. I was desperate. I thought that keeping a 'Good guy' here would be my key to changing, like, something that would ensure and confirm my change," he admits. "I regret it with all my heart through. I never once stopped to think about the pain you were in,"

Mario froze as he recalled the many, many breakdowns, sleepless nights, and tears that he had during the time that Luigi was missing. Luigi was his everything. Luigi was all he had.

"But still..im..I went through so much pain and suffering. You have your kids, you have an entire kingdom, for stars sake! Me? Luigi is all I have.." He says, his voice breaking. Bowser looks away from Mario and the two sit in silence, that silence occasionally interrupted by the small sniffles of Mario.

Soon, the opening of a door was heard, and the physician stepped out of the infirmary. Both Bowser and Mario looked up in usion, and the physician nodded and motioned for them to come into the room. They bolted into the room, and saw Luigi laying on a medical bed in the corner of the room. Mario rushed over to him, and hugged him tightly. Luigi hugged him back, and patted his brother on the back, begging for his mercy. Bowser stood there respectfully, watching the two brothers interact. It warmed his heart.

Mario stepped back, as the physician walked forward. All three of the boys look at te physician, and he starts to speak.

"This situation could've been a lot worse, but thanks to you all being quick and getting Mr. Luigi here, it was easier than it could've been." Mario breathed a sigh of relief."Although.." That was the one word that Luigi dreaded. He braced himself for the worst possible news. "Mr. Luigi, you have a condition called post-traumatic stress disorder." he says. The room seemed to go silent as the physicians words echoed throughout it. "B-b-" Luigi stammered, still trying to process the given information. "It is a special type, one that not only triggers anxiety, but a reliving of the exact moment when your leg was injured, causing you to go through that same pain yet again," he continued. Luigi looks down, and Mario places his hand on Luigi's arm and looks at him and smiles weakly. "But, on the bright side, it is more of a..temporary case, you might say," he adds.

Was this good news? This only put more stress on Luigi, and he didn't want to go through what he did all over again.

"I will give you all some time," the physician says, stepping out of the room.

Both Bowser and Mario look over to Luigi, who was in the bed with a new leg cast on. Luigi sighs and looks down. Mario steps forward and grasps both of Luigi's hands. Luigi looks up to Mario with teary eyes.

"Whatever desicion you make, I will support you, brother mio.." Mario says, gaiing a few tears in his eyes. Luigi graps his hands also and pulls his brother into a hug. "I will be alright without you, brother." he whispers. Mario hugs him tightly. Bowser looks at the two brothers and smiles. They embrace for a while, until Mario stands up again, wiping the few tears that he shed. He walks over to the door, but jus before he left, he turned around.

"Princess Peach doesn't have to find out about this," he says, winking.

...

"Principessa?"

"Oh, Mario! You're back!!"

"Yeah..there..I need to apologize, "

"Go ahead,"

"I'm sorry, peach. I shouldn't have raised my voice at you..I was angry, at myself for losing my brother..he is my everything..he is all that I have.."

"..."

"That..that hits close to home. I-im sorry also mario,"

"I will do your tasks, princess.."

"..."

"..."

"I- did you ever find luigi?"

"N-no, but I think he can take care of himself.."

"Oh, thats..wonderful."

"Yeah..I guess,"

"Mario, I appreciate all that you have done for me but please, promise something,"

"Yes?"

"Never. Leave. Ever. Again."

"..."

"..."

"Yes, princess."

"Great! Now, I have things to do, so please, leave me!"

...

Peach is literally the definition of two-faced..the next chapter is going to be very important!

Yall, this chapter was very short, but oh well.

Anyways, have a nice day ans as always,

Thanks for reading :)