2

Within the day, a lot of things have happened. Mostly bad things.

After Mr. Sim took me to his office, I signed a contract that says I cannot break it for at least 5 months or I'll have to pay a large fee, meaning I can't quit and I can only be fired or let go by Mr. Sim himself. Yikes, not doing that. Plus, I need the money.

My paycheck is $65/hour which is pretty good considering my last job working as a plastic surgeon's secretary only paid $20/hour. The faster, the better.

Then, he gave me a tour around the building in the parts I'll be walking around before he had to leave for a meeting for an upcoming event.

I hesitate knocking on the office door for a second before finally sucking it up and doing it.

"Come in." Jaeyun's voice comes in on the other end.

I open the door and bow. "Hello, Mr. Jaeyun."

Jaeyun sucks in his cheeks and then motions at the small table and chair to the side of the room. "Your desk is here."

I quickly walk over and sit, setting my bag belongings and a folder underneath the table, and then the room becomes uncomfortably stuffy and silent.

"Why are you here?" He asks, and I turn my head in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

Jaeyun sighs. "Why are you working here? Is it to pay off debt? To pay for medical bills? Or are you just doing this for a living? I'm sure my father informed you of how much of a hassle I am. There are so many other jobs you could do, why work for me, here?"

"That's not really your business, is it?" I tilt my head at him.

"You better pay more respect to your superior. I asked you a question, and I expect you to answer me. And it is my business, is it not my money I'm giving you?"

I laugh under my breath and mumble, "You sound like a grandpa." Loudly to him, I say, "And it isn't 'your' money, it's your family's money."

Jaeyun glares at me. "If that's how you'll play, fine. First things first, you need to take these files and take them to the file room on the 3rd floor. It's for next year's plans, so you better not look inside."

I stand and walk over to him. "Okay," and then I reach to grab it, but he pulls it back before I can grab it.

"Also, bring me back a coffee when you're done with that."

I nod, and then he finally gives me the files, but I have to tug hard to get it out of his grasp, almost ripping it.

I turn my back and leave the room, closing the door carefully, but in my mind, I'm slamming it.

"Dickwad." I mumble under my breath.

By the time I'm home, my feet are aching even worse than they were on the way there. I spent the entire day running back and forth in the office, doing this and that.

First, he made me put the files away, and then told me to get him a coffee but he didn't specify. When I got back, he yelled at me for not getting him a straight black coffee and told me to get him a new one, and then also oh-so-conveniently pulled a couple more files out of his ass and told me I didn't take those ones to put away, and then I had to run up and down multiple levels putting them in different areas.

When I got back, he made me go grab him lunch and forced me to starve for another 2 hours and only let me eat for about 10 minutes, even though on the schedule it says lunch should last about 20 minutes.

And then I spent the rest of the day running back and forth again because "I didn't put things in the correct place", even though I put them where he told me, and when I got back, he was mad I didn't answer the phone, even though he sent me all over the building.