─ 𝐎𝐍𝐄

Copyright © 2023 ASHANTll

all rights reserved. no part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher.

( y'all please read the description first . )

Lee

"ma'liyah marie !" my grandma calls out from downstairs.

i sigh, fumbling around in my sheets aggressively, out of frustration. i paused my music, silently apologizing to the sweet voice booming from my speaker. of course, it was nobody else but frank ocean himself. i loved frank. i sat up, rubbing my eyes. i actually contemplated whether i should pretend to be sleep or get-

"ma'liyah!!"

"fuck!" i mumble under my breath as i throw the sheets off of me. my light brown curls bounced from my head as i shook it out of my eyes. i threw a shirt on and trudged down the stairs, peeking my head into my grandmas room.

"hey grandma." i say softly, trying to hide my irritation. "what's up?"

"well, I was wondering if you'd be able to go run a few errands for me? I need refills on my prescriptions.."

"yeah, sure." I say, as I slide my hand in my pocket to retrieve my dinging phone. I swipe up to unlock it, seeing a message from my girlfriend. I frown at my screen, seeing her send me one message at a time.. clearly she was upset at me, about something. I distractedly walk into my grandma's room to grab her empty medicine bottles, then make my way out the front door.

"drive safe!" I hear her call.

I make my way down the driveway and unlock my car door to my black tesla that I quite literally busted my ass for. speaking of ass, before mine could even make contact with the seat, my girl started calling me back to back. damn, a nigga just can't breathe. I inhale deeply, letting the air pass out through my nose, before answering the phone. finally, my finger presses the green button.

"hello-" i barely let out, before my girl starts screaming in my ear.

"ma'liyah, I have been CALLING YOU, for the past two hours! where are you? why the literal FUCK is your location off right now, you must be at a bitch house."

I clench my jaw as she talks at 50 mph.. swear I could feel the heat and spit coming out her mouth, through the phone, slapping me directly in the face.

"baby-" I start, only to be cut off again.

"turn your fucking lo on."

"baby, I've been sleep."

"did I ask you what the fuck you was doing , or did I ask you to turn your fucking lo on, which.. BY THE WAY, shouldn't be fucking off in the first place."

"I mean.. you kinda did ask me what I was doing."

"bet. you playing with the right bitch today, ma'liyah." she hangs up and I drop my phone in the cupholder, completely exasperated.

she stay doing that dumb shit, calling my phone yelling as if I won't cut into her ass. she know im too nice to do that shit, though. I start my car up, connecting the bluetooth as giveon starts singing to me through my speakers.

"hearttttbreaaakkk anniversaryyy.." I sing, as I pull into an open space at the pharmacy. I had to make this shit quick, I literally had to get to work in about two hours. I exit my car, locking the doors as i make my way inside the store, headed straight towards the pharmacy aisle, feeling my phone ding in my pocket, yet again. I look down to retrieve it.