Hiro x Karmi Part 17

N

It was another day of school, like normal, Hiro jumped out of bed, and after getting ready, ran downstairs to meet the team at the cafe.

"Hey guys!" He said as he sat.

"Hi Hiro!" Said Honey Lemon in her usual cheery voice.

"So... how'd it go with Karmiiiiii?" Fred said in his usual immature manner, leaning towards him. Gogo perked up, listening carefully.

With an eye roll and smile, he responded, "Uh, yeah, good! Really good..."

"It was the comic book knowledge, am I right?!" Said Fred hopefully, only to be let down.

"Yeahhh... no." Fred shrugged and resumed eating.

"Heh.. it's the eyes, isn't it?" Gogo said with a side smile.

"Yeah.... Wait what?! I- I mean no! It's- it's... how did you..?? Never mind..." said hiro with a puzzled expression. Once again, this sparked Fred's interest, even more so than before.

"WAIIIIIT HOW DID YOU-?! HOW-OWWWW OW!" He said before being elbowed and given a look as if to say "Don't. Even. Think. About. It." From Honey Lemon.

"You were saying??" Honey Lemon said, not being able to control her curiosity much more than Fred.

"Uhhh... yeah, so I was thinking about taking her to the arcade this Saturday!"

"Well, ya said she liked dangerous bacteria...." Muttered Wasabi.

"Well I think it's a great idea!!" Yelled Aunt Cass from the back. The entire team, except for Hiro and Baymax giggled in response.

"Oh crap! It's already 8:40! We gotta go, like now!" Hiro said after looking at his watch.

"Bye Aunt Cass!" He said as he hugged and leapt out the door with the rest of the team. After arriving at his first class, he sat next to Karmi, who... looked... off. She has a sad look on her face, but when he compassionately asked why she was upset, she inched her chair away from him. This puzzled him deeply. Just the night before, she seemed happy with him. Really happy...

(Huh... that's... really weird... m-maybe she just has something going on at home? I guess I'll give her space?) he thought. Each time they looked at each other, she turned her head the other way, which kind of hurt. Even Granville looked at them puzzled, but never said anything. That was the strangest class he had had in a long time.

When he was working in his lab, he decided to take a chance with Baymax.

"*sigh* Baymax, do you have anything on Karmi's stats?"

"Yes. Karmi has had a significant decrease in mood, and is showing signs of...emotional distress."

"Uh... okay, anything else?" He asked, trying desperately to get a hidden piece.

"....No."

"Oh, great!!" He said sarcastically. He went the entire school day thinking about her, even when he arrived home. Aunt Cass took notice.

"Hi, Hiro! How was- oh. Hiro, are-are you okay? What happened?"

"I don't know... Karmi's just been acting really... distant... I don't know why..."

"Weird... is it *whispers* that time of the month?" After a few seconds of puzzling...

"WHAT?! Ew-N-NO! B-Baymax would have picked up on that on his scan, anyway!"

"Hm! Just a thought! I got nothing!" She shrugged.

"Ugh... I'm...gonna go study..." he said as he ran up to his room, Baymax waddling up with him.

"I'm gonna talk to her tomorrow at lunch. I... don't wanna see her hurt this much..."

"Hiro, you are also now showing signs of... emotional distress. Is something wrong?" Baymax asked.

"What? Yeah, I just hate seeing her hurt like this, and feel like I can't do anything about it, either..."

Thanks for reading! Part two coming soooooooooon!!

...

Let's get to the point, shall we, friend?

Goodbye shoe tie bracelet, goodbye every musical program I know you have collected, hello bee hive in your yard, and hello homophobic grandparents, I am your grandchild's bisexual friend who writes fanfics in her spare time, nice to meet you! 

How's that, am I close? 🖤🤭😈