Chapter : 28 AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY

Patch

Ruby: we gotta catch cinder if we let her run free, what happened to Vale will happen again!

Yang: listen Ruby we can't just rush in like we used to do. You saw what they're capable of how ruthless that can be.

Ruby: I KNOW!!! They KILLED Jaune!!

Yang: yeah but we saw him dead how did he come back?

Blake: the reports say it was his aura's doing.

Unknown to them aura alone couldn't heal such a fatal wound like that

Jaune used Force Heal unconsciously

Weiss: well I'm grateful for what they did for Vale, it's a miracle that no civilians were killed.

Blake: that's because the clones decided to shield them all.

They're the true heroes! You saw the numbers, Jaune is greiving by now, so many deaths.

Ruby: they're holding a funeral service for the fallen right now.

Ruby turns on the tv to show jaune wearing black robes over his armor.

Jaune: today will be remembered as a day if both honor and infamy, we saw the valor and courage of the heroes who gave their lives in order to give Vale a future.

But at the same time we saw the ruthlessness and evil ambitions of those who executed the attack.

For whatever reason they did this is unknown, but we will always remember to fight for the sake of hope!

In this times if darkness we must not allow ourselves to falter but always remember these words to give us the strength to march into the future, the very words all these heroes always kept in themselves as we all fought!

Darkness is not the absence of the light, but it's the conviction for the light to never return. Even so there is one truth we cling to HOPE is REAL all we have to do is SEEK IT.

the people cheered and was ultimately silenced when Jaune waved at them.

Jaune: let us give our respect to the fallen by being silent and offer our prayers.

****Silence****

Jaune began speaking again

Jaune: this is my promise as long as these monster continue to be free, we will spend our time hunting them down!

We honor the dead! But we fight for the living!!!

The people cheered

And the ceremony is over

Team RWY decided to plan on finding Cinder in Haven

But Blake is worried for another reason, if the white fang was involved especially Adam who threatened everyone she held dear.

She is worried for her parents and asked her team that she must go alone to Menagerie.

They decided to split up but they will ask team PNR and Jaune to plan what to do next

Beacon under construction

Ozpin's office:

Jaune: since our presence is now know there's no need for team torrent to exist.

Fives, Jessie and Kicks you are to return to Rex's command.

Fives Jessie and Kicks: sir yes sir!

Jaune: you are dismissed

The team left the room

Ozpin: so we're clear to send you to Haven

Jaune: yes but I want to leave before the 'problem children's get here and make their own mess.

Ozpin: I suggest you look behind you Jaune. He said with a smirk

Jaune turned to a look of disapproval from team RWBY,PNR and Velvet.

Weiss: problem children? We're in the same age bracket.

Jaune: maturity has nothing to do with age Weiss, it is a choice and I chose early on the war to grow up.

Yang nodded knowing full well she chose to grow up early to take care of Ruby

Phyrra: jaune your going to haven?

Jaune: Cinder pretended to be a student there. She must be retreating to find more allies.

We can't let her do as she please, it will cost me more of my brothers.

Ruby: listen jaune were not letting you go alone, you already died doing it without our help.

Jaune sighs in defeated

Ozpin: jaune I'm reinstating you leadership of team JNPR

Nora: YAY!!!! Team Hug!

Nora embraced all of her teammates into a giant Ursa hug

Jaune: HRK! I forgot how strong you are.

Nora let them go and more clone commanders entered the room

Wolffe and Fordo entered and saluted Jaune

Jaune: at ease.

Wolffe: we have prepared transport to Shion then Haven

Jaune: good work have half of your men return to Shion for security.

Wolffe: right away sir.

Nora starring at the design on Wolffe's helmet

Nora: aw look Renny his name is Wolf and he has a wolf painted on his armor!

I want a sloth on my jacket!

Ren: later Nora, jaune how are we gonna travel to Haven?

Jaune: we'll have to fly from Vale to Shion then proceed by ground using a Juggernaut.

Ruby stars in her eyes want to know what's a Juggernaut

Ruby: is it A car, a truck or those hover bikes? Does it have weapons!?

Jaune: easy Ruby you'll get to see it later.

Blake: jaune I have to leave for Menagerie.

Jaune looks at her worried

Jaune: I wasn't able to capture Taurus.

He might still be after you.

Blake: that's why I must go. My parents might be in danger.

Jaune: I understand, please be careful.

Jaune looks at Fordo

Jaune: Fordo the Muunulist 10 will remain as Beacon's guard. You on the other hand will be belladonna's shadow.

Blake: jaune I can handle myself.

Jaune: Blake you are still a student, even with your irregular training from your past occupation won't be enough to protect you.

Jaune shows her his scarred neck

Jaune: I'm an experienced soldier and this happened. Fordo will be there to back you up if you get overwhelmed.

Blake: I understand, I'm sorry I just

Jaune: you tend to get overly emotional, I know that's what I love most about you.

Blake just blushes

Jaune: Velvet I asked you here to say goodbye

Velvet: I'll be waiting for you to come back.

Jaune just smiles

Ozpin: well that is heartwarming, well you have my authorization for this operation jaune, good luck.

Jaune salutes

Team RWY and JNPR headed for Shion

Blake and Fordo head for Menagerie

Chapter End