03

"I should've went sooner!"

"It's not your fault, Keysha."

"I know, because it's your teammates' fault! Those dumbasses! I swear—"

You groaned when you hear voices arguing on your left. Fluttering your eyes open, you squinted at the light on the ceiling, making you squeeze your eyes shut again.

"Y/N! Oh my— you're finally awake..." you felt Keysha's warm hand touching your arm. Blinking a few times, you adjust to the lighting in the room, which you assume is the clinic.

The worry etched on your best friend's face was the first thing you see. "You scared the shit out of me, Y/N. Your skin was cold as ice earlier!" she carefully pulls you into a hug, and you had no choice but to let her, still feeling weak from what happened earlier.

Yuji ran to her side, giving you a concerned look, his hand rubbing his nape sheepishly. "I'm so sorry, Y/N. I should've stopped them when I had the chance." Keysha lets you go and helped you sit up. You groaned and winced at the feeling of discomfort in your chest.

"I-it's okay, Yuji... don't blame yourself..." you hoarsely said, giving him a weak smile. He didn't seem convinced at that, but he kept quiet, taking you in with his brows drawn together. You can feel his regret from where you sat.

Keysha squeezed your hand comfortingly. "You scared the shit out of me, Y/N. I swear I'm gonna make those assholes pay. When I was on my way to the pool, I saw the team running towards the clinic. I was so curious and worried because I knew you were there with Yuji."

"Then I ran towards them when I saw you getting carried to the clinic. You were unconscious! I was freaking out! The whole freakin' school was nosey that I had to push people out of my way so I could get to you."

Knowing most people at school witnessed you almost got drowned got your cheeks flaming. You were used to attention, probably not even bothered by it anymore, but the fact that people saw you in your vulnerable state was... embarrassing to say, at least.

"I didn't want that Megumi guy carrying you, but it seems like he really wants to help—"

You sat up quickly that got the room spinning. Keysha held your arms but you only widened your eyes at her. "What did you say? Who what?" you furiously blinked at her, processing what she just said.

Keysha only realized she just dropped the bomb on you without thinking and now it looks like she regrets it. The drowsiness you felt earlier was gone when you hear her mention his name.

She opened her mouth to say something, but Yuji beat her to it. "Yeah, Fushiguro was the one who saved you. He was the one who checked if you were breathing and thankfully, you are. You coughed out some water before you passed out, so it's safe to say you're okay... for now."

As you stare at Yuji, you can see Keysha widening her eyes at you comically, like she's reminding you that you should act normal about what you just found out. Since you didn't want Yuji finding out your infatuation on his teammate, you try to calm your racing heart.

"He didn't need to perform CPR on you since you just passed out from too much oxygen taken away from you. The nurse said you had to rest, and well... your Aunt is on the way here to get you home."

You cringed. Aunt Quinn would definitely not let this matter go, and she'll probably not listen to you even if you assure her you're alright. She can be... scary, sometimes. Scary in a way she cares too much for you that she'd lose it if she finds out you were hurt. Worse, you almost got drowned. You can imagine how quick she dropped her work just to get here.