01 | back to the city

————————— ☆ —————————

new boy — one.
back to the city

authors note!
lil kep1er reference 🤞🏼☺️ anyways! chapter 1, i hope whoever is reading enjoys ♡

————————— ☆ —————————

     LEE RIWOO was never the social type. if he made any friends, it was always because they came up to him first. he never had the courage to go up and speak to someone. apparently, he looks like an extroverted person to everyone he meets— which is absolutely not true.

he was the most introverted person he knew.

luckily, he had managed to make some friends along the years, but none were ever too close to him. there were none that he was certain he'd die for, none that he ever really even opened up to (minus things that had to do with school), nor would he cry if he had to leave for a while. they didn't feel like the right people to do so with.

which was why today, on a bright, lovely saturday morning, he was kind of happy to move back to his old city.

"lee riwoo~!" the name rang through the upstairs hallway, long and expecting.

the boy turned his head to the door frame, where he heard the familiar voice of his mom calling him from downstairs. he exhaled, putting down the packaging tape he held in his hand. shouting back yeah? in response, he turned around to pick up one of his boxes to bring downstairs.

"come here, quickly!" she rushed him, urgency prominent in her voice. "bring some of your boxes too!"

"uh—" riwoo spoke, stumbling as he picked up the box. he adjusted the box in his hands, using his knee to boost it up. "yeah, just a sec!" when he finally got a good grip on the box, he quickly but carefully made his way down the stairs.

"quickly~!" his mom hurridly gestured for him to come over.

riwoo quietly groaned, "okay, okay!!" he sped up a bit, setting the box just outside the door on the porch. he dusted his hands off, turning back to the foyer which his mom was seated in.

"look at this photo~ isn't it so cute?" she showed him. riwoo took a closer look, and smiled.

"yes, of course. it's one of my favorites." he told her, grabbing the picture.

it was a young riwoo, holding up a peace sign and posing with his then close friend, park sungho.

they would be meeting again when riwoo moved.

"aren't you so glad to be moving back near him? you'll be seeing your old best friend again!" his mom cheerfully reminded him, poking at his arm. "not in the same neighborhood, but a new, bigger one!"