It's a NO

Meerub wakes up feeling happy and refreshed, almost forgetting the events of the previous day. With bounce in her steps, she looks for her father and finds him lost in thought. Determined to bring a smile to his face, she decides to play a prank on him. Her cheerful presence instantly lifts Waqas's mood, and he enquires Meerub if she is happy. She responds affirmatively, mentioning her excitement about returning home with her parents.

ANILA (Interrupting)-  Meerub, hume abhi kuch din aur yahan rukna padega.

Meerub becomes agitated, questioning why they have to stay in this "hellhole" instead of celebrating her 25th birthday. Just then, Maa Begum enters and wishes Meerub a happy birthday. She reminds her to get ready as she has planned a party for her in the evening.

HAYA (eavesdropping on the conversation, thinking to herself)-  Kya Baat hai??? Iski toh birthday party manegi aur hume to cake bhi kaatne se phle aankhe dikhayi jati hai!!! Aisi bhi kya baat hogyi kl ki maa begum, waqas chachu bilkul hi normal react kr rhe hai. Aur yeh murtasim bhi subha se gayab hai!

KHAN HAVELI - EVENING

The haveli is decorated beautifully for Meerub's birthday party. Guests arrive, and Meerub reluctantly descends the staircase wearing a pink gown. She realizes that she hasn't seen Murtasim the entire day, which strikes her as unusual. 

Even though Meerub had never reciprocated or replied to Murtasim's annual gesture, deep down, she had grown accustomed to the pink carnations he would send without fail on her birthday wishing her health and success. They were a silent reminder of his presence in her life, a subtle expression of care and thoughtfulness. In the midst of the chaos and confusion, Meerub couldn't help but notice the absence of those cherished carnations and knowing unknowingly a pang of longing stirred within her.

As the celebrations commence, Meerub senses that something is amiss. It feels like everyone is waiting for something to happen. In the midst of it all, Maa Begum presents Meerub with her ancestral bangles and publicly announces her as the future daughter-in-law.

Maa begum (while making meerub wear her family bangles)- Ajj mere marhoom shaur aur murtasim ke abbu ki akhir khwaish poori krne ka waqt aagya hai. Main, Meerub waqas khan aur mere bete Murtasim Khan ka nikaah teh krti hu. Meerub completely stubbed by the news, unable to react just stood their while Maa begum hugged her.

Meerub's face contorted with a mixture of disbelief, shock, and a profound sense of betrayal. It was as if the bright morning sun had suddenly dimmed in her world. She desperately scanned the room, searching for her father, hoping he would intervene and put a stop to this unfolding nightmare. However, her eyes unexpectedly locked with Murtasim's, who stood there with a bouquet of pink carnations clutched tightly in one hand, while his black coat draped over his other shoulder. A wave of exhaustion washed over him, evident in the way he closed his eyes, as if he had fought his own battles. 

Murtasim's Room

Murtasim- Kya zarorat thi maa! ajj hi yeh sab krne ki. Khushi ke mauke ko matam ka din bana diya apne uske liye!!

Maa begum- Aree!! Matam kaisa?? Nikah teh hua hai uska! Yeh toh garv ki baat hoti hai har ladki ke liye.

Murtasim- KAISA NIKAH!!! Hnn kaisa nikah?? jiske liye na voh tayrr hai na main. Maine kaha tha na aapse gaon se aakr baat karunga iske baare main. Itni jald bazi kis baat ki hai??

Maa begum- murtasim!! bhale hi tum iss gaddi ke jahan nasheen hu, Maalik hu iss ghar ke, par Maa hu tumhari main. Tumhari behtari kis main hai ache se janti hu aur tumhara nikaah meerub se hi hoga!!

Murtasim- Thik hai toh sunle aap bhi! Main yeh nikaah nhi karunga. main bhi dekhta hu meri marzi ke bina yeh nikah kaise hoga!!!!

On the flip side, Meerub felt as if her entire world had come crashing down. It was as if someone had popped a balloon, creating chaos and turbulence everywhere. She struggled to breathe amidst the crowd at her birthday party, feeling suffocated and isolated even in the midst of people. Congratulations and well wishes from oblivious guests felt like distant murmurs. Moving mechanically, she stepped inside, only to collide with Murtasim.

The collision seemed to trigger a surge of emotions within her, transforming into a fiery rage. All she could think was, how could this man be so arrogant, orchestrating the whole marriage charade just to prove a point and teach her a lesson. Murtasim sensed the storm of emotions within her, the pain in her eyes unmistakable. He was forming sentences in his mind to assure her that nothing would happen without her consent, that he wouldn't allow anyone to force her, when a sharp, stinging pain exploded on his left cheek, leaving a ringing echo in his ears.

Meerub slapped murtasim and lashed out- Tumne dikha di n apni aukat!!! Behadh maleech kisam ke insaan ho. Yehi planning krke laye the n tum muje yahan. Bakri ki tarah muje yahan baandh doge! Itni nafrat ki apni baat, apni izzazt rkhne ke liye, meri zindagi ki dhajiyan udane ko tayrr ho!!! Begairat insaan, Sharam aati hai muje tum jaise mardon ko dekhkr, jo aurton ko sirf apne pair ki jooti samjhte hai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Murtasim's emotional state transformed faster than a chameleon changes its hues — from pain for her to shock, and then to an overwhelming rage. Seething with anger, he responded, 

Ajj toh krdia Meerub, lekin dobara iska khayal bhi aya na toh haath uthne layak bachenge nhi. Tum samjhati kya ho khud ko, Konsi hoor ki pari ho, jo tumse nikah krne ke liye main yu saazishein karunga. aur tum se nikaah krega kon!! Kisi ki kismat hi phoothi hofi jiski biwi tum banaogi!!!

Meerub's voice grew louder with each word-  Toh mana kyu nhi kiya!!! Apni maa begum ko bola kyu nhi!!! Tumhari marzi ke bina toh patta bhi nhi hilata ghar main!!!

Murtasim's anger flared even brighter, his words dripping with spite,-  Hnn!!! meri hi marzi thi....Koi saazish nhi kari!! Maa begum aur tumahre baba ne faisala liya!!! Tumahre baba ki halat dekhkr mana nhi kr paya!! pr tum toh bhut oonchi naak vali ho na!!! Kardo mana!!! jao chila chila ke kehdo Nhi krni murtasim khan se shadi muje.

Meerub's voice now fierce- Mere baba ko ismein mat ghaseeto, tume aur tumhari maa ne milkr hi unhe fasaya hoga!! saalon se yahi toh kr rhe ho tum!!! boldungi main sabko Nhi KRNI MUJE SHAADI MURTASIM KHAN SE!!!!