𝟕. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤

Aarush

They turned back to the source of the sound. It was me. I was really willing to listen to what my mother was notifying Yuvaani. She's not supposed to leak those things to her. Those are private, right? And why is everyone hell-bent on attaching her strings with Priya?

"What ?" Mom said. And note that she said so casually as if nothing happened. But it was evident in her eyes what I was referring to.

"What are you -" I began, but she cut me off.

"Yuvaani, please give us a minute" she asked normally.

"Sure" Yuvaani replied, sensing some tension here. It was evident in her face.

Mom dragged me to my room, asking me what I was doing here at this time. She also mentioned that I was supposed to be at the office.

"What? Do you really care about this? I think you don't. Don't divert the topic. Why are you telling her all the things about Priya, huh? YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO DO THAT." I was frustrated and yelled at her.

"What? She has the right to know." She said as if explaining the whole damn thing to me.

"Which right are you talking about ? You clearly know that I don't share anything with people. Don't invade my personal space !" I made it clear to her.

"What personal space ? She should know. She's your wife to b-"

"WIFE ! WIFE ! WIFE ! I FUCKIN' DON'T CONSIDER HER ONE. SHE ISN'T MY WIFE. AND YOU KNOW WHO IS." I practically screamed at here.

I was vexed. Since the past few days, they literally can't stop talking about her. At a point it was obvious to break out. Definitely. And it affects you more when it's against your will.

The following moment, I felt my left cheek heated. Did she just-

Slapped me ?

"Don't talk shit. She's your wife and you'll be rightfully her husband"

I lost the urge to argue further. I was mad at her and it would made things worse. I grabbed what I came for. My file. And I stepped out of room harshly.

What magic have you done on my family, huh ?  I wanted to ask her so bad as she stood in anticipation when I was passing by.

Within few hours, my anger subsided as I engrossed myself in work. It was late evening I returned home and directly went to my room.

"Hey" Di said as she entered my room and I didn't bothered to reply her.

"Have your dinner" I heard plate placed on the table.

"Actually, I want to talk about something important. May I" she asked me to which I nodded.

"Actually, Mom was saying to remove Priya's clothes from her closet as-"

"Leave" I have a blood death shot glare. And she obeyed. Can't these people understand that a man, who had returned from office immediately needs to rest ? But no. Angrily I kicked the wall and hurt myself.

I freshened up and changed into my tee and tracks. It was too much to take. I placed my babies on the bed and put pillow on either side of them.

I hugged them and somehow I complained to them. They continued their baby voices as if they were understanding everything. They remind me of Priya. I remember how Priya was hesitant to name them after her. She wanted to name them with 'Pa' in their initials. P for Priya and A for Aarush. But I dominated and named them after her. When our babies were just born, the elder one, Priyansh was looking exactly like her. And that moment, I was so convinced, and I named him Priyansh.