I

How does one define falling in love?

It shouldn't have happened. He should have gone down into safety with others,, but he sucked it up and did what was incomprehensible.

He loathes the county for shunning him.

He loathes Violan and her son for taking away his world.

He loathes his father, who abandoned him without telling him he'd be happy with someone else.

He had a moment of clarity—insanity?---poised to descend into his buried heat. The glimpse of the unresting sea and the peaks of the mountains made him want to jump on it.

If I die, will he hold me again? Will he cry for me and call my name again?

If he dies, would anyone remember him?

His father has never seen him in the eyes when his mother died.

It terrifies him.

He freezes.

He's been choking back this rage for too long. He was holding back white knuckles.

And now, all he can do is stare at this small dark place, the anguish on his face, and the silence of the moon that kept him company watching these see.

The reason he became despondent

The reason for his change.

Cale turns and runs.

It is the most insane thing he is ever thought of. The alarm was blaring in his ear. His inner demons were yelling after him. Between the terror sweeping toward him and the monster within him, he wished for everything to stop and this life to end.

Right...

[you're going to jump?]

He turned around and saw a boy with long jet black hair. His ears looked like fins, and his scales were shades of black and red. His long tail has translucent fins that sparkle in the moonlight and the water.

It was a more beautiful creature than anything else he had met or seen.

Cale knows what frightens him most.

However, he can't take his eyes away from the merman.

They're enemies. Mermaids were frequently vilified, but this individual was staring him down.

"Who... Who are you?"

The merman smiled as he looked at him.

[There was a voice.]

A voice?

[A sad voice.]

They claim to be enemies, but...

[I was so sad that I came to see who was calling for me.]

A young merman is telling him that he summoned him.

He fled the waters of Ubar Territory out of fear and desperation. He did not scream or say anything; he simply ran away with all his might, not looking back.

How is that person looking at me? I did not even notice what kind of expression he was making.

[I will see you the next time you call, Cale.]

He survives.

Barely.

He stumbles while running and falls face-first into the ground. Only to discover that he had tripped on the marble floor. He gets back on his knees. Before he brainstormed thousands of words, his hand tugged on the door.

Inside his head, the ancient and rusted history began to dissolve. He lowers himself into the darkness as the virulent grayish fog swirls around him.

No one has ever called his name in such a gentle and warm tone as that young but raspy voice.

When he turned around, he saw the merman leave, his tail making a beautiful wave on the water as it dropped into the swirling darkness of the deathly sea.

He came to a halt and observed the whirlpools created by the merman. His beautiful fin waves in the air as if he realized he was being watched. He was waving goodbye.

In the pitch-black darkness, he can hear his voice, the sound of a sonorous tone.

Slowly, he counts himself before holding his breath and allowing his tears to fall down his cheeks.

The night had come and gone.

It makes no difference. He must continue walking.

Nevertheless, the voice that called out to him said.

[Call my name the next time you want to meet.]

A name he didn't know, but at the same time he knew.

TBC