XXVIII

"Today is the Bahrain Grand Prix!!" John announced. "We are excited to see where everyone will place for the first race back in the 2022 race season! Leah Guessey is starting in dead last, do we think she will be able to pull something off today?"

"I think with her mindset and her abilities, she will easily be able to get back up to the top of the races," Ted explained. "The racers are getting ready, their cars already set into place, we've just gotta see how the first lap is going to go." The cameras were zoomed in on Leah as she spoke with Christian about something. It looked intense before they saw Christian smile and Leah laugh. He patted her helmet and shoved her toward the back of the line. Leah walked past Pierre who gave her a fist which she knocked and hopped into her car. Her mechanics came forward and uncovered her tires as she waited. Everyone else cleared the track as she took a deep breath. She saw a camera getting closer to her. Her visor was still down while she waited. The first light went off and she closed her visor. She had to get up to the top three.

The lights were all lit read. She gripped her steering wheel as she smiled. they went off and everyone took off. The screeching of the wheels filled her ears. She immediately maneuvered around both Haas cars which were sitting near the back. She got past one Tauri vehicle.

"P17," Luke told her.

"Did you ever notice that the beginning of the song Medicine by Harry Styles sounds like the Home Depot commercial?" She asked as she slid behind a Williams vehicle.

"I did not know that, thank you," Luke reasoned. Leah knew he wasn't Isabella so her little comments wouldn't be taken the same way they were with her.

"Leah Guessey is already up three spots and going for another as she gets past Alex Albon," Ted muttered as Alex's radio came back on.

"Fuck, where did she come from?" He asked.

"Sorry Mate, she was faster than we anticipated," His strategist explained. He was going to inform Alex that he had Leah behind him, but she got around him before he officially could. Leah was behind the second Williams car now as she went wheel to wheel with them.

"Leah Guessey is going for it," John muttered. "She's got forty-eight laps to go and she's already making so much progress for her team."

"Bang," She did Daniel's finger gun as she passed one of the Alpine cars.

"P13, Leah, P13, keep it up," Luke told her. She accelerated catching the back of Carlos. She didn't know why he was this far back. "Yellow flag, yellow flag, slow down." She did as he told her.

"Who crashed?" She asked.

"Leclerc hit the wall near turn 4," Luke informed.

"Damn, is he alright?" She asked as she overtook Carlos easily. Leah made everything look so flawless.

"He's fine," Luke muttered. She was on a straight now and she was weaving through the cars. The others were significantly slower than her car. Red Bull had upgrades that were unmatched, even by Mercedes. The cameras showed the excitement on the Red Bull's faces as Leah worked her way up to the top 5. She was stuck behind Lando currently.

"You've got ten laps left Leah," Luke explained.

"Ten laps, five people to pass," Leah sighed. "What do you think?" She asked. She had only boxed once.

"Go for it, we need all you have right now," He explained. Leah took off going around the outside and weaving past Lando, Ocon, George, and Lewis. It did take her several laps to pass Lewis however so she had two more laps til finish. The gap between the others and Max was closing as she did her best to surpass him. It was times like these that Leah was unsure of what she was supposed to be doing in this situation.