I

Leah has been battling with her cousin for months now for a spot in F1. She wanted to be the first female driver on the grid. It was all men. 

Leah had dreamed of it since she was little. She'd wanted it so badly, she wanted to please her father 'cause that is all he'd ever wanted for her. Until her dad died from cancer when she was eleven. 

Then it was just her dream to fulfil for her father. To be the first. Leah had tried to run from her mother and her past, but in F2 she couldn't. Her cousin was always there reminding her that she was a Gatlin, not Guessey. Guessey was a name that Leah and her friend Cassidy had thought of for her public name.

Mercedes had reached out to Leah about a possible position if she finished her last F2 race with a win. They knew she had potential, but they needed to see it. Leah knew that too. She only hoped that her cousin wouldn't do anything crazy to sabotage her chance. 

Leah and her cousin Gabby were usually pinned against each other. Mercedes was going for Gabby for the first F1 female driver as well and Gabby wanted it. She wanted it for fame though, she was naturally talented. Leah has worked hard her whole life to be where she is today. She had many sponsorships to get her to F2.

Gabby's parents were rich from serval lawsuits that they had won as she grew up. She'd been raised with a privilege that most didn't have. It put her a step above Leah already. F1 wasn't a poor sport, but Leah had come too far to go back now. Currenly before the race Leah and Gabby had an interview together.

"So girls we have to ask if it's just in your blood or a diet? How do you get this good at such a young age of twenty," Amanda asked. She was the interviewer for Sky Sports.

"Well Amanda, it's in our blood as you can tell," Gabby laughed. Leah smiled and looked out at the cameras. Amanda paused waiting for a legit answer from Leah.

"I would say mindset, I mean it helps that we have elders that have gone through this and can tell us kind of what to look out for and guide us, but it takes some hard work to get to where we are now," Leah answered. Amanda smiled.

"Nah, I like my answer better, I mean we are cousins after all and we're both unstoppable," Gabby laughed and shoved Leah a little.

"How many wins do you each have?" Amanda asked.

"I have thirteen," Gabby smiled proudly.

"I have twelve," Leah added seeing her cousin smile down at her. Gabby was only a few inches taller.

"It's close enough Cuz," Gabby smiled.

She put her arm around Leah's shoulders. Leah didn't like her cousin one bit, she wasn't a good person and people didn't see it. Only she did.

"So Gabby, do you think that your wins make you the better option for F1?" Amanda asked. 

Leah looked to the side at Cassidy. Cassidy has been her manager ever since she was seventeen. Cassidy had wanted to help Leah get away from her mother and her family. The pair knew about family troubles and always helped one another.

"I would say so yes, I mean I have a lot more competitive drive. Leah is too nice for all those men in F1," Gabby laughed. Cassidy signaled to Amanda to wrap it up.

"And Leah what do you think?" Amanda asked.

"Oh um," Leah played with the ring her father gave her. "I think that yeah, Gabby is of course an amazing driver and I mean who wouldn't want her to be a part of their team? Like I said before I think it's just about the mindset that people put forward. Do they have what it takes to succeed against, the men," Leah answered. Amanda gave her a proud nod.