𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

❝     I'M BITING MY OWN TONGUE     ❞

➵ I N T R O D U C I N G

LEGACY. THE WORD THAT FOLLOWS you around based on your ancestors and their actions, the word that suffocates the expectations people have for you—will you be like your father, full of hatred and bitterness toward the world, or your mother, whose soft smile could light up the room? Would you follow the path of your warlord grandmother, or stay at home to help with the kids like your pacifist grandfather? Legacies were made by the blood of the enemies, created in the light and thrust into the darkness. Legacy follows the son of the source of all darkness in the Realm of Ninjago like a shadow, growing ever bigger the longer he goes without trying to avenge his father.

DESTINY. THE FUNNY LITTLE THING that messed with everyone's lives, including the heroes', just to have some entertainment. Destiny watched as a little boy tried to be as corrupted as his father, going out of his way to prove that he could be just as evil as the man who had unwillingly abandoned him; Destiny laughed as the boy learned the error of his ways, just in time to find out that it was he who would have to kill his father, not some mysterious, older masked hero that he could hate from the sidelines. Destiny was the one to bring Lloyd Garmadon to the island, where he meets Avashiro, the son of darkness—but even Destiny has to ponder what Lloyd was thinking when he decided to trust Avashiro.

BIRTHRIGHT. AT BIRTH—IF IT could be classified as such—Avashiro was given the choice to follow in his father's footsteps or make his own path, but he never got to make that choice before he was locked away; for Lloyd, his birthright is the title of the Green Ninja, or the Master of Energy, now that he has renounced his father's ways. The choice still remains for Avashiro. It is his right, after all, to avenge his father and take over Ninjago—it is also his right to stay in the shadows, taunted by the villains who could so easily be dead with a flick of his hand. But Lloyd believes in good, and killing someone would not align with those morals; Avashiro just has different ideas. 

 AVASHIRO IS ONE NAME OF many. Each name belongs to a different person, a different face. And each face has a different path, not carved by Destiny, but by his own hand. Avashiro has a choice to make—and he has a long journey before he can decide to make it.

❝     I AM MY FATHER'S LOST SON     ❞

➵ C A S T I N G

AVASHIRO
( BRIGHT VACHIRAWIT )

LLOYD GARMADON   ➢   RYAN POTTER

ZANE JULIEN   ➢ SHANNON KOOK

KAI SMITH    ➢   LUDI LIN

COLE BROOKSTONE   ➢ THOMAS WEATHERALL

JAY WALKER    ➢   TOM HOLLAND

NYA SMITH   ➢   JESSIE MEI LI

❝     HE'S IN THE DRIVER'S SEAT     ❞

➵ S O U N D T R A C K

I. PANDORA, 2wei & edda hayes.

II. THE OLD THEREBEFORE, rachel zelger.

III. THE FRUITS, paris paloma.

IV. DOG DAYS ARE OVER, florence & the machine.

V. WHAT WAS I MADE FOR?, billie eilish.

VI. GILDED LILY, cults.

VII. NOTRE DAME, paris paloma.

VIII. RUNRUNRUN, dutch melrose.

IX. ALL EYES ON ME (SONG ONLY), bo burnham.

X. THE OTHER SIDE OF PARADISE, glass animals.

XI. NOBODY'S HOME, avril lavigne.

XII. WHICH WITCH, florence & the machine.

XIII. THE ARCHER, taylor siwft.

XIV. THE VIEW BETWEEN VILLAGES, noah kahan.

XV. KILLING ME, conan gray.

XVI. TOO SWEET, hozier.

XVII. NOT STRONG ENOUGH, boygenius.

XVIII. END OF BEGINNING, djo.

XIX. DON'T BLAME ME, taylor swift.

XX. DRIVER'S SEAT, madds buckley.

❝     I'M IN THE DRIVER'S SEAT     ❞

➵ A U T H O R ' S N O T E

First of all, yes this is Ninjago fanfiction, fight me!! The show is amazing and part of my childhood!! Second, a huge thank you to one of my best friends for encouraging me to write this fic, for the AMAZING CASTING she did, and just for simply being an amazing friend <3 I'm actually really excited to write this because I used to write very cringy fanfiction for Ninjago, and now I can fix those wrongs!! Plus, there's like no Male!OC x Ninjago fanfiction?? hellooooo, none of those boys is straight lmao. Anyway, enjoy!!