The greenie

y/n pov

I didn't wanna wake up. I have to work with Gally today. I dreaded this moment but all I had to do was get it through with it. I get up to get ready. I put on my boots and take a deep breath before walking to the builders.

"Hey, Alec," I say as tie my hair up.

Alec was one of the builders. He had blue eyes and almost ginger-like hair and freckles all over his face.

"Oh hey y/n!" he says greeting me back.
"You ready for today he says passing me a hammer.

"As ready as I'll ever be," I say

Then I see Gally stroll up over to us.

"Hey greenie," he says trying not to make direct contact with me

"It's y/n" I reply to him

"okay whatever's, all you have to do is hammer the nails in. Should be pretty simple for you" he says pointing at a box of nails

"yea ok," I say trying to limit my conversation with him.

I start to hammer nails in but before I can get the next one he stops me.

"No no no, your doing it all wrong. Look let me show you." he snatches the hammer from me and starts doing the same thing I was doing

"That's the same shit I was doing"

"No, it wasn't if it was the same thing I wouldn't have taken the hammer from you," he says passing the hammer back.

"No you can take your hammer and shove it up your ass-"

We started an argument and both got in trouble.

"Now since tomorrow is box day you won't have to be in the pit until after the bonfire," Alby says sternly.

"Tomorrow is box day?!"I say ecstatically.

"Yea dumbass," Gally says

"gally enough!"Alby says
"Now back to work both of you," he says shooing us off.

"This wouldn't have happened if you just had taken the hammer," Gally says

"don't talk to me" I roll my eyes and start hammering again.

-Time skip to Box Day-

I wake up ecstatic and get ready as quickly as I can.

"Chuck aren't you excited!"I said ruffling his hair.

"Yea of course!" he says smiling

I turn around and bump into someone's chest. I look up to see Gally. out of all the guys here, why'd it have to be him?

"Oh sorry," he says

"Wow, that's a first," I say and continue to walk but he follows behind me.

"what do you mean I don't have nothing else to say sorry for," he says confused

I feel my eyes start to water.

"Oh really, nothing to say sorry for!" I say giving a slight fake chuckle

"How about that time you called me a whore!"
I can feel myself about to cry just as he grabs my wrist

"y/n look at me! I had no choice I didn't want you to find out" he says pulling me into the woods

"Ugh let me go! I don't wanna see you right now!"
I take a deep breath

I give him a chance to speak.

"y/n...i..."

"well go on tell me!" I say choking on my tears

He's silent.

"That's what I thought.."I release myself from his grasp. but as soon as I let go he grabs me again and pulls me into him and presses his lips onto mine.

The feeling was almost as if time had frozen. I hesitated at first but kissed back. I felt his hands reach around my waist. This is the feeling I've been yearning for.

BZZZZZT

we heard the sound of the box coming up. I pull back not saying a word look at him and finally run back.

Gally's pov

I watch her as she runs off my heart was beating faster than ever. I was left speechless it felt so good to finally hold her, and kiss her lips.

so many thoughts running through my mind but then I heard my name being called from the distance.

"oh shit the greenie!"

I had forgotten about the box I ran back. once I'm out of the woods I see the crowd around the box. I push my way through. I see y/n
helping the new greenie out. He was holding her hands. I was furious.

y/n pov

as I struggled to pull the new greenie up I finally gain some strength and pull him up. But I used too much strength and as I pulled him up I fell back as I was on my knees and the next thing I see is him on top of me. As I make quick eye contact with him I push him off me and stand up.

I look at everyone and can already hear the taunting beginning.

OooOo-

before Alec can finish his OooOs I ball my fist and throw my fist backward into his crouch.

As he groans and collapses in pain I see the greenie look at all of us confused. He stands up and looks at the maze. I knew what were his intentions, but yet I didn't do anything to stop it.

he bolted off towards the maze.
"We got a runner!"
But then ends up tripping and taking a stumble.

I stifle a chuckle as the rest of the boys bust out in laughter.

??? pov

I can hear the laughter erupt in laughter but I was too confused to understand anything. As I look up at the big walls surrounding us.

"Take it all in greenie!"

"Wooohoo"

-time skip to the bonfire-
a/n: sorry I'm having writers' block😓😓

y/n pov

As im sit by the fighting ring I can see Newt giving Thomas a tour as he did to me so I go over and decide to introduce myself.

the new greenie wasn't that much taller than me he had fair skin brown hair and blue eyes.

"hi, im y/n," I say putting out my hand to shake his.

"ohh you're the only girl here huh?" he says shaking my hand back.

"yup, one and only!" I say giving him a smile

gally pov

As im tussling with these knuckleheads, I can see y/n leaning into the new greenie whispering in his ear. I grew furious and wanted to punch the shit out of him. She was mine.

"Hey, greenie! Come show us what you got!"

y/n pov

It was Gally's tradition to fight the new greenie but something was different, there was this growing fire in his eyes. Could he be jealous?

I decided to go watch. As I watch the greenie get his ass beat, I watch Gally and how the light of the fire reflected on his skin, how he really wanted to win. He looked...hot. Then bam! The greenie hits his head just as I did but he looks as if he just realized something.

"Thomas!" he yells out while getting up

everyone including me freezes in confusion

"Thomas is my name!" he says once again

silence

"WOOO THOMAS!" I cheer

once I cheer everyone cheers well everyone except Gally he just walked away as he always does

I run after him.