Chapter 12

2 months later...

22th September 2023,

Celina helped me zip up the dress zip. My eyes were red because l cried for an hour or so in my friends laps. Today was supposed to be the best day in my life after birth, but it is the worst day now. My parents went out to greet the guests and l still didn't got out from my room after coming here.

"Your things are moved to your new house now." Adrelina said and l nodded with a pale face. "Come on girl cheer up! It's hurtful to see you like this!" Adrelina hit my shoulders playfully and l just nodded, what else can l do now? Kissing Vernon in fake happiness? Doesn't work for me.

"Lucia? Can you close you eyes? We need to put the shade." The makeup artist demanded and l obeyed. Several sounds of running lingered into my ears, "Can l see my daughter-in-law now?!" Mrs.Vaxi excitedly exclaimed. The makeup artist nodded then l turned around and almost tripped in the heels and the heavy dress.

"Be careful." Celina helped me to stand up and l palely smiled at her. "You look gorgeous my daughter! You're the perfect woman for my son! You guys are a match made in heaven!!" Mrs.Vaxi started kissing on my arms, it was gross actually. "The wedding will be started in 30 minutes! You guys can greet the guests meanwhile!" Mrs.Vaxi said then left us.

"So what are we gonna do? Will we go to greet the guests or stay back?" Adrelina suggested and l looked at her in disbelief, "Of course stay back will l listen to that psycho?" I rolled my eyes and Adrelina laughed. "Wanna play truth or dare just like how we used to play in highschool?" Just the moment she uttered those words l nodded excitedly and my face lit up. "Thanks to you Adrelina or else Lucia would be ice in no minute." Celina laughed and l glared at her, "l-l-l mean let's continue shall we?.." She nervously laughed and l laughed at her behavior.

We passed the 30 minutes in peace, l felt like l was a highschool student once again. I completely forgot what my life would be turned on after this day. Dad and Mr.Vaxi stepped in the bride's room with a smile, "Girls are you ready?" Mr.Vaxi said and my bridesmaids nodded. I stood up and gave a deep sigh because l accepted my fate and Vernon will not love me in any ways.

I linked my arms with my dad's arms, he looked at me as his tears flowed every second. I wiped his tears with my hands, "l feel like yesterday you were born, you were so tiny little and couldn't understand the world. Now you're about to marry, you have become a grown-up lady and don't need your parents any more.." My dad broke down into tears and hugged me.

"In whatever state l will be, you guys will be my most significant people. And of course won't l be your little girl as always?" I patted his back and he laughed then wiped his tears with his hands. "Shall we walk through the aisle now?" He said and l nodded. I stayed happy only for my parents and my two best friends, no one else.

The gate opened, revealing the spot with a theme of spring. Guests sat on the chairs which was decorated with flowers bows, and the sky looked clear as sunlight fell upon my face. I saw Celina and Adrelina recording me as they continued to throw the lavenders to the aisle. Then Vernon stood still staring at me palely, and the priest got ready and fixed his suit.

"Good morning to all, we are back with a heart warming moment. Today is a memorable day for Mr.Vernon Vaxi and Ms. Lucia Verceline, and they're about to spent the rest of their life together in love and warmth. So we pray and hope they can be able to live with each other with loving each other unconditionally till death. Congratulations to the about to newly-wed couple!" The host finished his speech and kept his mic back in it's case. My dad put his hand on his chest and sighed deeply, l grew nervous as well.

My dad smiled at me and gripped on me tightly, then his feet touched the ground and l followed. We walked each steps slowly and looked at each other, l wasn't ready to let go off the person l love the most even more than my mom. Soon we arrived near the priest and Vernon as Mr.Vaxi and Mrs.Vaxi and mom accompanied.

"Son, l want you to give your full ability on taking care of my precious daughter. I raised her from her birth and l can't bear a single tear of pain from my daughter's eyes because of you or you will face the consequences." My dad straightforwardly said with a serious face. Vernon nodded and l let go off my dad's arms.

We said our vows, and the priest finally said. "Mr.Vaxi are you willing to take care of Mrs.Verceline till death, in what state whether poor or rich you will be by her side?" The priest said and Vernon nodded then the priest went to me. "Mrs. Verceline are you willing to take care of Mr.Vaxi till death, in what state whether rich or poor you will be by his side?" I nodded.

"Is there any objections about this wedding? You must confirm now or else they will be announced officially and legally as husband and wife!" The priest yelled and there was 3 minutes of silence. "Congratulations Mr.Vaxi and Mrs.Verceline as life partners, l wish you all the best in your marriage life. You may kiss the bride." The priest said with a smile. And Vernon looked at me in surprise and l stared at his eyes in disbelief as well.

He pulled my waist towards him, that left an inch between our lips. His hot breathes touched my lips and he met his lips with mine. Everyone shouted and screamed in happiness then Vernon let go off me and pulled his hands away from my body in less than 6 seconds. Our parents pulled us in a family hug.

We took pictures, every picture was nice except the pictures we both had to be touchy. The day went fine and we didn't talk at all. Markus and Vernon's girlfriend wasn't present in the wedding, Markus was in a business trip and his gf didn't wanted to come. I am confused in telling Markus about this matter yet or should l not do it? Life really sucks.

Now l turned to a new chapter of my life, a lonely story in this particular chapter. I wonder what fate can take me to.

...