Chapter 26

A week has passed away since Aston has been here. Today is my holiday and Aston have been planning a whole list of hanging out with me the whole day.

I did my morning routine then went downstairs. I saw Aston scrolling through his phone on the couch and Vernon working while sitting at the table. I cleared my throat and the boys' glances went to me, Aston's face lit up. He immediately stood up and hugged me, l hugged him back.

"Let's grab breakfast then go out." Aston said with a cheeky smile and l nodded, then we proceeded towards the dining table to eat breakfast. The environment was silent yet peaceful, Aston broke the silence. "So shall we go to the park to grab ice cream." He stared at me and l noticed Vernon's gaze at me. I looked at him and then he looked away.

I turned to Aston and his lips curved into an evil smirk, l knew he was in his plan. "Yeah shall we?" I replied to him and he nodded his head in excitement then bite his pancake. After eating, l stood up from my chair and turned to Aston, "Let me go change my clothes then we can meet at the car garage. Today's drive is at my Bugatti and it's my turn to drive." I winked at Aston and he looked at me in disbelief, "Bro you're calling my death."

"Then you can die with me." I said with an evil smirk then went upstairs. After changing my clothes, l put on my lavenders perfume and tied my hair in a single ponytail then proceeded towards downstairs. While l was walking through the stairs and heard Vernon talking to someone. I leaned on the walls and hid myself to hear what he was saying.

"Yeah l know it's bad, so l was thinking to divorce Lucia." After hearing that line from his mouth, my world stopped in a second. My vision got blurry because my eyes got so much teary, l don't want to leave him, l can't live without him please! I got on my knees and my vision darkened because l was shocked and tired at the same time. I felt Aston running towards me but before he could help me l passed out.

My eyes opened gradually and l found myself in my room. I threw away the blanket which covered me away from my body. And l sat down immediately to run to downstairs because l heard really loud yells coming from down.

"Don't you know?! What you said was too wrong?!" I heard Aston yelling at Vernon, l flinched a bit. "Why?! What l said was the truth right?!" Vernon shouted at Aston and l trembled in fear because of the loud noise. "Yah! You jerk?! Don't you know about her feelings towards you?! You want to hurt her like this despite her feelings towards you?!", "No!! She likes another man! Not me! And she didn't even wanted to marry me?!"

My vision got blurry as the anxiety inside me grew, my heart became weak because of the tremendous noises coming from the brothers. I looked at them and Aston left from the house as he slammed the door loudly. I glanced at Vernon as he held his hair in frustration then looked at me as l fell down on my knees.

He got shocked then ran to me, "l-... Lucia! Are you okay?!" He mumbled in hesitation as l shook my head while my body kept trembling. "Lucia your body is shaking! Lucia! Look at me! Everything's gonna be alright, look at my eyes darling please!" He tried to hold my head to make me look at me but l pushed him away with full force and cried my heart out. He came closer to me then wrapped his arms around my waist tightly as he cried on my shoulders, l tried to remove him away from me but he was too strong.

"I am sorry Lucia! I am sorry for telling that line from my mouth!" He mumbled as l hugged him back while crying as well. "Don't leave me please.." l muttered in his arms with my shaking voice, he patted my back. "I will never attempt to do that, can you calm down?" He mumbled but l slept in his arms.

Vernon's pov:

I let go off her and saw her sleeping. I bursted into tears as l pulled her closely to my chest and didn't let her go, "l didn't knew that l was such a jerk to you, l keep hurting you. It's better for me to stay away from you my darling." I palely looked at her puffy face. "I am sorry...l am deeply sorry..." I mumbled as l kissed her lips then her whole face. I picked her up in a bridal style then started walking towards her room.

"I love you darling...."

...