08 - ' dresses & stuck zippers '

It was that typical high school party

Red Cups, ping pong balls, loud speakers.
Very generic.

It was your junior year.
It was the last party of the year before-coming
officially seniors.
You knew that you had to go.

Your friends: Riley, Meg & Jess knocked at your door. "Girl! Why aren't you ready?" Jess looked at your hair.

It was filled with knots and nicks. If you tired to brush it in it's current state, multiple comes will snap..

You shrugged your shoulders.
"I don't have anything to wear!"

Meg smiled.
"We know! That's why we brought stuff."
Riley revealed the huuuge makeup box that she was holding. "The dresses are still in the car." Jess smiled.

•••

"You're literally so hot, Y/N." Meg squealed.
You tried to hide your smile as you checked yourself in the mirror.

The royal purple dress matched your skin perfectly. Your wavy hair with the subtle makeup look Riley gave you.
It was everything to you.

"I love it."
You had a huge smile on your face as you turned around to your friends.
"I'm glad." Jess cheesed.

It was about 8:40pm when you were making final touches. "Do we want to arrive fashionably late?" Meg asked. Riley shook her head, "That's so 2017, Meg."

Meg laughed, "Don't be early, gotcha."
You were putting on mascara when Jess entered the bathroom.

"You think you'll see you-know-who?"
Jess nudged your shoulder.

You furrowed your eyebrows, "Who?"
Jess suck her teeth. "Miguel, silly."

You sighed. "He'll be there. But he definitely won't pay attention to me." Jess shrugged, "His favorite color is purple." You smiled at her before finishing up.

Everyone got in the car.
Jess was in charged of the aux so everyone was singing along on the top of their lungs.

Stopping at a red light,
Riley looked out the window.
"Jess! It's Alex!" She rolled down the window.
Jess panicked and rolled her seat back.
"My feet!" Meg whined.

"Oop! Y/N~ I see Miguel~"
"Riley, put the window up."
Jess' face had turned pink.

You shook your head as you covered your face. The light turned green & Riley pressed on the gas. "It don't matter, you'll see them at the party anyways."