T w e l v e

The anger I had in me is slowly leaving me as fear takes control of my senses.

I grab Zayan's hand which is over my mouth and I try to yank it off of me. Nothing happens.

My fearful eyes look into his hardened ones. I try to push him off but he doesn't even move an inch.

"You lied to me." His voice sends shivers down my spine. I feel his ominous tone attack my heart.

Why in the world is he so angry?

I shake my head, trying to inform him of my confusion as he has prevented all ways for me to speak properly.

He finally takes his palm off my mouth. I let out a startled gasp as he slams his fist just right beside my head and grips my forearm with his other hand.

"Z-Zayan... what's wrong?" My voice comes out broken and low.

His rage multiplies as he pulls me closer to him. "You're asking me what's wrong?"

"I really do- "

"You lied to me!" He shouts so loud, I flinch in fear. "You went on a date with that asshole and you don't know what's wrong?!"

My heart shakes at the sheer fury in his voice and I don't know what to do. I don't know how to calm this. I don't know how to calm him.

"Zayan, that wasn't a date!" I try my best to make him come to terms with the truth. "I met him coincidentally!"

"Shut up!" I try to lean back due to the high volume of his cold tone. He grips my jaw as he looks straight in my eyes. "I told you, didn't I? If you try to run away, I'll find you and when I do, you'll regret it your whole life."

The tears fall as I shake my head, denying and denying. It's not true. How do I make him believe me? He can't be like this again. He can't say those words again.

"Zayan, please, trust me." I say in the most genuine tone I can muster.

"I tried to change myself for you. And what are you doing? You're lying to me and enjoying your time with someone else?" He accuses me with a death glare.

"Enough!" I shout at him, sobs escaping me. "How can you say that to me?!"

"Listen here, darling." He sneers. "Don't make me do something you'll regret. Don't make me turn that joke into reality, you understand me?" The terror clouds my heart as I stare at him horrified. He leans his face closer. "Don't make me wipe out everyone near you to make the fact get through your skull that you won't be able to escape from me. You won't be able to get away, darling."

My heart stops as I just gape at him. I push him away, trying to run away. "Let go off me, you psycho! You're crazy!" He pulls me back to the same place just as I tried to step away to run.

He grips both my hands and gives me a chilling smile. "I just told you. Run away and I'll destroy everything."

"I didn't do anything, Zayan!" I yell as tears blind my vision. "I told you we met coincidentally! Manal was supposed to be there but she cancelled last minute and when I was going to leave, he saw me!"

He stares at me, tilting his head. "Then why didn't you leave right after? Why did you stop AND TALK TO HIM LIKE YOU WERE LONG LOST LOVERS?!"

"We were just talking! Nothing more!"

"You know how I felt like?" He asks, madness evident in his expression. "I felt like marching up to you lovebirds and killing him. But, before that, torture. I felt like torturing him to the point that he begs for death and I won't give him."