Chapter 2-

After school Aiden walks me home, which is a normal thing, because he does it almost every day. Sometimes he even drive us with his car, but unfortunately he made the mistake by leaving his car on the street, in a bad part of the town. Some rebellious kids had fun painting over the color with insults and words I don't want to repeat. The car looked ridiculous, when Aiden found it the next day. Needless to say his parents wasn't that thrilled to pay for the cleaning.

On our way to my apartment, my best friend tries to talk to me, but I only give him one worded responses and after a while he stops bothering me.

Over the years of knowing me he accepted the fact that I'm different and when I don't want to talk he knows to leave me alone. So we just continue the ten-minute walk to my home in silence.

I'am so in my thoughts that I actually don't notice our arriving. Aiden has to pull on my sleeves  to get my attention. If he hadn't done that, I would have probably continued walking at the side walk.

"Ups," I mutter and thank my best friend, who only shakes his head in amusement at my behavior.

"Sometimes I really want to look inside you pretty head and see what makes you stop paying attention to your surroundings," he tells me, poking my head with his index finger.

I glare at him. I don't like when he teases me like that and start to walk towards the apartment, where I live with my aunt. It is a really old one. The rendering is already crumbling down, and it desperately needs an all in all modification. But neither I nor the other residents have the money for that.

Nevertheless I like it here, because it is one of the most quiet and peaceful places in our town. There was not much traffic and you can take a walk in peace.

But before I go inside, I turn around to face Aiden and say, "No you really don't want to."

He ignores my statement and makes his way home, but not before shouting over his shoulder, "I will be there at ten."

Only this boy, I smile to myself and begin to search for my apartment key. In the end I have to empty my whole backpack, because it is nowhere to be found. Being messy is a bad habbit of mine.

After I finally find the key, I let out a joyful scream. I then put it in the keyhole and begin my adventure of climbing all the stairs to my apartment.

Unfortunately I have the pleasure to live in the highest level. So after walking up exactly 108 stairs, with a full packed bag on my shoulders, I'am gasping for air and sweating like crazy. I really have to work on my condition.

Once I calm down, I make my way inside the little residence, I call home. It is very quiet inside because no one is home.

My aunt is  working as a nurse in a hospital next town and doesn't come home most of the time  until late in the evening. Well, that's the case most of the time.

So when I toss my bag on the ground, I'm not prepared for her voice. In other words she startles me out of the blue.

"How often did I tell you, not to throw your stuff onto the ground," my aunt's strict voice scolds me.

She is giving me an amused smile, when she notice how startle I'am.

"What the f..," I'am about to say, but I change my choice of words quickly, when I see the look she is giving me.

I'm sure I saw her this morning walking out of the door in her uniform and a bagel between her teeth's.

"I changed work shifts with a fellow worker of mine," my aunt tells me dropping down on the next chair in sight. She is still in her uniform and I can clearly see that she is exhausted and tired. Her uniform has wrinkles and her brown hair is a mess. A few pieces of her before neatly bun are all over the place and with her hands she tries to reorganize it.